* org-babel-expand-src-block
@ 2012-02-02 10:30 Christophe Pouzat
From: Christophe Pouzat @ 2012-02-02 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Using the last org-mode version from the git repository (7.8.03) I've found a
mismatch between the key-chord required to call function
=org-babel-expand-src-block= (=C-c C-v v=) and the ones given in the
info file: =C-c C-v p= or =C-c C-v C-p=. The same goes for the
[[http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/intro.html][Babel:
Introduction]] where the given key-chord is =C-c M-b p=.

In the same lin,e I have a question concerning the inclusion of the
/expanded/ source block in the generated output. Let's assume that I
define in my =.org= file a variable containing a file name like:

#+name: my-file-name
"dataFile.mat"

I want then a code block (using =R= in that case) that checks if
"dataFile.mat" is in the working directory with something like:

#+BEGIN_SRC R :var fileName=my-file-name :exports both
  fileName %in% list.files(pattern="*.mat")
#+END_SRC

I'm passing the file name as a variable because I want to repeat the same
analysis on different data files. But I would like to see in the HTML output
the value of the above variable =fileName=. I would like essentially  to
export the expanded source block. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Christophe
--

Most people are not natural-born statisticians. Left to our own
devices we are not very good at picking out patterns from a sea of

--

Christophe Pouzat
MAP5 - Mathématiques Appliquées à Paris 5

tel: +33142863828
mobile: +33662941034
web: http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/physcerv/C_Pouzat.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-02-02 10:30 UTC | newest]