* Random Access Node
@ 2012-10-18 23:37 Esben Stien
From: Esben Stien @ 2012-10-18 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there some way to go directly to a node?

F.ex, I have:

* foo
** bar..
** baz..
** hukarz..

I do C-c a s to search for baz, which brings up a buffer with baz
somewhere in there and I have to move down the list to hit TAB on baz.

Is there maybe some IDO magic or something similar which can take me
there quicker?.

Preferably, I'd like to do a regex on second level nodes and get
instanly there.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m

* Re: Random Access Node
@ 2012-10-20  5:12 ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-10-20  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esben Stien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

That'd be a nice feature, indeed.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> wrote:

> Is there some way to go directly to a node?
>
> F.ex, I have:
>
> * foo
> ** bar..
> ** baz..
> ** hukarz..
>
> I do C-c a s to search for baz, which brings up a buffer with baz
> somewhere in there and I have to move down the list to hit TAB on baz.
>
> Is there maybe some IDO magic or something similar which can take me
> there quicker?.
>
> Preferably, I'd like to do a regex on second level nodes and get
> instanly there.
>
> --
> Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
>          http://www. s     t    n m
>           irc://irc.  b  -  i  .   e/%23contact
>            sip:b0ef@   e     e
>            jid:b0ef@    n     n

* Re: Random Access Node
@ 2012-10-21 14:45 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-10-21 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esben Stien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

> Is there some way to go directly to a node?
>
> F.ex, I have:
>
> * foo
> ** bar..
> ** baz..
> ** hukarz..
>
> I do C-c a s to search for baz, which brings up a buffer with baz
> somewhere in there and I have to move down the list to hit TAB on baz.
>
> Is there maybe some IDO magic or something similar which can take me
> there quicker?.
>
> Preferably, I'd like to do a regex on second level nodes and get
> instanly there.

Maybe try playing with either of org-goto (C-c C-j) or org-sparse-tree
(C-c /)?  They do search for more than just headlines but you could
always prepend "^\*.*" to your search string...

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.1.1 and Org release_7.9.2-436-g9b11e6

* Header Jumping
@ 2012-10-24 13:02   ` tony day
From: tony day @ 2012-10-24 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga, Esben Stien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:
>
>> Is there some way to go directly to a node?
>>
>> F.ex, I have:
>>
>> * foo
>> ** bar..
>> ** baz..
>> ** hukarz..
>>
>> I do C-c a s to search for baz, which brings up a buffer with baz
>> somewhere in there and I have to move down the list to hit TAB on baz.

Whoever crafted org-refile thought ahead.  C-u C-c C-w selects and jumps to the header selected rather than doing a refiling.

Just played around with that and =bookmark-set= and it works nicely with norang settings eg

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
; Targets include this file and any file contributing to the agenda - up to 4 levels deep
(setq org-refile-targets (quote ((nil :maxlevel . 2)
                                 (org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 2))))
; Use full outline paths for refile targets - we file directly with IDO
(setq org-refile-use-outline-path t)
; Targets complete directly with IDO
(setq org-outline-path-complete-in-steps nil)
; Allow refile to create parent tasks with confirmation
(setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes (quote confirm))
; every header is a refile target
(setq org-refile-target-verify-function nil)
; use IDO
(setq org-completion-use-ido t)

  (defun org-jump ()
    (interactive)
    (bookmark-set "org-jumped-from")
    (org-refile t nil nil "Jump")
    (bookmark-set "org-jumped-to"))

  (defun org-jump-back()
    (interactive)
    (if (equal (point) (bookmark-get-position "org-jumped-from"))
        (bookmark-jump "org-jumped-to")
      (if (bookmark-get-position "org-jumped-to")
          (bookmark-jump "org-jumped-from"))))

  (bind-key "C-. j" 'org-jump)
  (bind-key "C-. l" 'org-jump-back)
#+end_src

tony

* Re: Header Jumping
@ 2012-10-24 17:17     ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2012-10-24 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tony day; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Esben Stien

You can also pass C-u two times to go to the last refiled/captured
headline, that is, "C-u C-u C-c C-w" and "C-u C-u C-c c".