* org-odt: command line options for soffice bug?
@ 2013-02-16 22:33 Vinh Nguyen
From: Vinh Nguyen @ 2013-02-16 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I was having issues exporting to a "doc" file with this in my init file:
(setq org-export-odt-preferred-output-format "doc")

After some debugging, it appears my "soffice" command takes a single
dash (-), not double dash (--) for command line arguments.  When I
change to

"soffice -headless -convert-to %f%x -outdir %d %i"

in org-odt.el, things seem to work.  I am running org-mode 7.9.3e on
Emacs 24.1.50.1 and LibreOffice 3.3.4 on Ubuntu 11.04.  Not sure if
this is specific to me or not, but it should be fixed in org-mode.
Thanks!

-- Vinh

* Re: org-odt: command line options for soffice bug?
@ 2013-02-18 20:49 ` Vinh Nguyen
From: Vinh Nguyen @ 2013-02-18 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was having issues exporting to a "doc" file with this in my init file:
> (setq org-export-odt-preferred-output-format "doc")
>
> After some debugging, it appears my "soffice" command takes a single
> dash (-), not double dash (--) for command line arguments.  When I
> change to
>
> "soffice -headless -convert-to %f%x -outdir %d %i"
>
> in org-odt.el, things seem to work.  I am running org-mode 7.9.3e on
> Emacs 24.1.50.1 and LibreOffice 3.3.4 on Ubuntu 11.04.  Not sure if
> this is specific to me or not, but it should be fixed in org-mode.
> Thanks!

Just checked LibreOffice on my Mac OS X, and it uses two dashes for
arguments.  Weird that LibreOffice on Ubuntu uses one dash.  Can
anyone else confirm?  I guess the emacs function should determine the
current OS to decide whether to use single or double dash for command
line arguments...

@ 2013-02-18 21:03   ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2013-02-18 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinh Nguyen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was having issues exporting to a "doc" file with this in my init file:
>> (setq org-export-odt-preferred-output-format "doc")
>>
>> After some debugging, it appears my "soffice" command takes a single
>> dash (-), not double dash (--) for command line arguments.  When I
>> change to
>>
>> "soffice -headless -convert-to %f%x -outdir %d %i"
>>
>> in org-odt.el, things seem to work.  I am running org-mode 7.9.3e on
>> Emacs 24.1.50.1 and LibreOffice 3.3.4 on Ubuntu 11.04.  Not sure if
>> this is specific to me or not, but it should be fixed in org-mode.
>> Thanks!
>>

> Just checked LibreOffice on my Mac OS X, and it uses two dashes for
> arguments.  Weird that LibreOffice on Ubuntu uses one dash.  Can
> anyone else confirm?  I guess the emacs function should determine the
> current OS to decide whether to use single or double dash for command
> line arguments...

LibreOffice 3.6 on archlinux uses double dash.

-Ista

@ 2013-02-23  9:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-23  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinh Nguyen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Vinh,

Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo@gmail.com> writes:

> After some debugging, it appears my "soffice" command takes a single
> dash (-), not double dash (--) for command line arguments.  When I
> change to
>
> "soffice -headless -convert-to %f%x -outdir %d %i"
>
> in org-odt.el, things seem to work.  I am running org-mode 7.9.3e on
> Emacs 24.1.50.1 and LibreOffice 3.3.4 on Ubuntu 11.04.  Not sure if
> this is specific to me or not, but it should be fixed in org-mode.
> Thanks!

Since this looks like to be an issue for Ubuntu 11.04 only and since
you can customize `org-export-odt-convert-processes' (from 7.9.x) or
`org-odt-convert-processes' (from master), we don't really need to
change Org for this.

 Bastien