* Org tutorials
@ 2013-03-20 21:51 Charles
From: Charles @ 2013-03-20 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode

I searched the mailing list and did not find any reference to the following.

Is there a reason why Richard Dillon's YouTube Hack Emacs org-mode talks
are not included in the Org Tutorials? For instance

An overview of Org Mode -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W82EdwQhxU

Org Mode in Depth:Managing Structure -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGYet02bEk

There may be others. They're part of a multipart Emacs series.

I believe that they provide another introduction to Org Mode even if
slightly out of date.

Charlie Millar

* Re: Org tutorials
@ 2013-03-20 23:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-20 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hi Charles,

Charles <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> Is there a reason why Richard Dillon's YouTube Hack Emacs org-mode talks
> are not included in the Org Tutorials?

No reason.  Worg is community-driven/edited: please send me your
public key so that you can get write access and add the links.

Thanks for the pointers,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org tutorials
@ 2013-03-22 21:05   ` Charles
From: Charles @ 2013-03-22 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

On 3/20/2013 7:05 PM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> Is there a reason why Richard Dillon's YouTube Hack Emacs org-mode talks
>> are not included in the Org Tutorials?
>
> No reason.  Worg is community-driven/edited: please send me your
> public key so that you can get write access and add the links.
>
> Thanks for the pointers,

  I will give it a try.

Charlie

* Re: Org tutorials
@ 2013-04-06  0:57 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-06  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hi Charles,

Charles <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> Is there a reason why Richard Dillon's YouTube Hack Emacs org-mode talks
> are not included in the Org Tutorials? For instance
>
> An overview of Org Mode -
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W82EdwQhxU

Actually this one was already there:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-screencasts/

Feel free to add others to Worg,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org tutorials
@ 2013-04-06 19:47   ` Charles
From: Charles @ 2013-04-06 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hi Bastien,

On 4/5/2013 8:57 PM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> Is there a reason why Richard Dillon's YouTube Hack Emacs org-mode talks
>> are not included in the Org Tutorials? For instance
>>
>> An overview of Org Mode -
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W82EdwQhxU
>
> Actually this one was already there:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-screencasts/
>
> Feel free to add others to Worg,

The screen cast that you brought to my attention was prepared by Richard
Moreland, not Richard Dillon.

That said, thank you! Your direction to the Moreland Worg section
pointed me to the obvious way to add the Dillon screen casts to Worg.

Charlie