* iCalendar export problem
@ 2013-04-04 21:29 Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2013-04-04 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

Hi all,

I have a strange problem that seems related to the iCalendar exporter.

I have an event which has the date spec

    <2013-02-07 Th 12:00-14:00 +1w>

but shows up on 13:00 my phone calendar (fed by ox-icalendar), CEST. Fun
thing is, I did not experience lag with other entries.

The org entry becomes:

BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20130207T110000Z
UID:TS1-d36d5eb9-e2db-42a3-866f-7442becadef0
DTSTART:20130207T120000
DTEND:20130207T140000
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1
SUMMARY:Brown Bag Meeting
+1w>–<2013-02-07 Do 14:00 +1w> ...

Another one (shown right this time) is:

BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20130404T150000Z
UID:TS1-441e317c-7b52-4910-bbd3-0949a5c1bdd7
DTSTART:20130404T170000
DTEND:20130404T190000

The difference seems to be the DTSTAMP which is "correctly" aligned with
DTSTART.

However, that's not what DTSTAMP is for. Actually, it should be set to
the date-time the export happens. At least, that's what they say:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11594921/whats-the-difference-between-created-and-dtstamp-in-the-icalendar-format

Changing that probably does not help my problem, but seems better than
the cooked-up values now ending up in DTSTAMP. I could not see any other
candidate problems, though the analysis is weak so far.

Cheers,

Simon

* Re: iCalendar export problem
@ 2013-04-05 19:31 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-05 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Thum; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> writes:

> However, that's not what DTSTAMP is for. Actually, it should be set to
> the date-time the export happens. At least, that's what they say:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11594921/whats-the-difference-between-created-and-dtstamp-in-the-icalendar-format
>
> Changing that probably does not help my problem, but seems better than
> the cooked-up values now ending up in DTSTAMP. I could not see any
> other candidate problems, though the analysis is weak so far.

Thank you for the report.

I pushed a fix for the DTSTAMP value. Is it better now?

Nicolas Goaziou