* Re: [Patch] phone links...
@ 2013-05-31 14:39 Michael Strey
From: Michael Strey @ 2013-05-31 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daimrod; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Daimrod <daimrod@gmail.com> writes:

> While merging a patch (from Feng Shu) I have found a bug in
> `org-contacts-split-property'. Though the docstring says that OMIT-NULLS
> is forced to t when SEPARATORS is nil (just like `split-string'), it
> wasn't the case. I've pushed a fix; could you check on your side that it
> doesn't break anything in your workflow?

I'm fine with your update.  Thank you for the correction!

--
Michael Strey
mailto:mstrey@strey.biz

* Re: phone links...
@ 2013-04-05  2:38 Robert P. Goldman
From: Robert P. Goldman @ 2013-04-05  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

On 4/4/13 Apr 4 -7:15 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> writes:
>
>> The two files are below, in hopes of getting suggestions for improvement
>> so that someday this could find itself into contrib/.
>
> Looks like a good start -- please keep us updated about your progress
> and your will to include this in contrib/, I'm sure many users would
> enjoy it.

I will be happy to include this into contrib (and do the relevant
assignment) at any time when people think that it is sufficiently ready
to go.  I have been testing it in contrib/ in a testing branch in my git
repo.

I think a minor refactoring would make it more general: split the phone
handler into two components: a filter function (like the one for
linphone), defaulting to identity; and a command, probably revised to be
a format string (so that the dialed number could be place in an
arbitrary location).

I will try to have a new version with these changes very soon.

Best,