* Agenda: open in other frame
@ 2013-11-22 14:27 Fredrik
From: Fredrik @ 2013-11-22 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I open an agenda and push enter on a text it opens the file related
to the text in the same frame. Is there any way to make it open it in
another frame so I keep my agenda in front?

Regards,

Fredrik

* Re: Agenda: open in other frame
@ 2013-11-22 16:27 ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2013-11-22 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fredrik <fredrik@jumans.net> writes:

> When I open an agenda and push enter on a text it opens the file
> related to the text in the same frame. Is there any way to make it
> open it in another frame so I keep my agenda in front?
>
> Regards,
>
> Fredrik

When you say "frame", do you mean what in emacs terminology is called a
"window"?  I am asking this as pressing RET on an item in my agenda open
the corresponding file in the same _window_, not the same _frame_.

Regards,
Alex

* Re: Agenda: open in other frame
@ 2013-11-23  7:43 Fredrik
From: Fredrik @ 2013-11-23  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Alexander Baier

Yes, that is what I want :-)

---- Alexander Baier <lexi.baier@gmail.com> wrote ----

@ 2013-11-24 20:29 ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2013-11-24 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fredrik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[...]

>>Fredrik <fredrik@jumans.net> writes:
>>
>>> When I open an agenda and push enter on a text it opens the file
>>> related to the text in the same frame. Is there any way to make it
>>> open it in another frame so I keep my agenda in front?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Fredrik

[...]

Well, I do not know of opening a heading in the other window, but maybe
the follow-mode is something for you? In Agenda view you can turn it on
by pressing `f`.

Regards,
  Alex

* Re: Agenda: open in other frame
@ 2013-11-25  3:38   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2013-11-25  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Alexander Baier <lexi.baier@gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
>
> [...]
>
> Well, I do not know of opening a heading in the other window, but maybe
> the follow-mode is something for you? In Agenda view you can turn it on
> by pressing `f`.
>
> Regards,
>   Alex

I think TAB or SPC instead of RET will do what you want -- TAB opens a
new window and switches to it, SPC opens a new window but doesn't switch.

* Re: Agenda: open in other frame
@ 2013-11-25 10:41     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2013-11-25 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

eric@ericabrahamsen.net writes:

> Alexander Baier <lexi.baier@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Well, I do not know of opening a heading in the other window, but maybe
>> the follow-mode is something for you? In Agenda view you can turn it on
>> by pressing `f`.
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Alex
>
> I think TAB or SPC instead of RET will do what you want -- TAB opens a
> new window and switches to it, SPC opens a new window but doesn't switch.

And if the buffer is already visible, the window won't be opened, which
is quite useful. I have a shortcut to setup my agenda window on the
left and my main org file and the two refiling files on the right, and
this layout remains stable all the time, even when I use TAB to navigate
to the node of interest.

Alan