* latex export beginner
@ 2014-05-21  3:30 Steven Arntson
From: Steven Arntson @ 2014-05-21  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm taking my first baby steps at exporting an org file to LaTex. I know
a little about org-mode, and almost nothing about LaTex.

I type C-c C-e l o

A file named file.tex is produced, but the process halts with an error:

org-latex-compile: PDF file ./plm.pdf wasn't produced: [LaTeX error]

A program called pdfTex produces a buffer with extensive output,
including:

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

This seems like some markup that should probably be included in my file
automatically as part of the export? Shoud I add "/begin{document}" to
my org doc?

Thank you!
Steven Arntson

* Re: latex export beginner
@ 2014-05-21  4:19 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-05-21  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> I'm taking my first baby steps at exporting an org file to LaTex. I know
> a little about org-mode, and almost nothing about LaTex.
>
> I type C-c C-e l o
>
> A file named file.tex is produced, but the process halts with an error:
>
> org-latex-compile: PDF file ./plm.pdf wasn't produced: [LaTeX error]
>
> A program called pdfTex produces a buffer with extensive output,
> including:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>
> This seems like some markup that should probably be included in my file
> automatically as part of the export? Shoud I add "/begin{document}" to
> my org doc?

No, the exporter should have done that. Post your org file and the
resulting tex file.

Also, the version of your org mode: C-u M-x org-version will insert
it in the current buffer.
--
Nick

* Re: latex export beginner
@ 2014-05-21 16:18   ` Steven Arntson
From: Steven Arntson @ 2014-05-21 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:
>
>> I'm taking my first baby steps at exporting an org file to LaTex. I know
>> a little about org-mode, and almost nothing about LaTex.
>>
>> I type C-c C-e l o
>>
>> A file named file.tex is produced, but the process halts with an error:
>>
>> org-latex-compile: PDF file ./plm.pdf wasn't produced: [LaTeX error]
>>
>> A program called pdfTex produces a buffer with extensive output,
>> including:
>>
>> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>>
>> This seems like some markup that should probably be included in my file
>> automatically as part of the export? Shoud I add "/begin{document}" to
>> my org doc?
>>

> No, the exporter should have done that. Post your org file and the
> resulting tex file.
>
> Also, the version of your org mode: C-u M-x org-version will insert
> it in the current buffer.

Thank you for your help!

I'm using Org-mode version 8.2.6 (8.2.6-22-gb11b4a-elpaplus @
/home/steven/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140519/)

I mocked up a smaller reproduction of the problem, because the original
file is too large. The same errors were produced. There's a file called
test.log, too, which I'm not pasting in here because of its length, but
I can if it would be helpful. Here's my org-mode document:

| Test org file for conversion to LaTex
|
| * My top-level header
| Some information under the top level header
| ** A secondary header
|
| * Chapter the first
| Some information from the first chapter.Some
| information from the first Some information from the first chapter.Some
| information from the first chapter.Some information from the first
| chapter.
|
| * Chapter the second
| The end of this document.

And here is the tex output file:

| % Created 2014-05-21 Wed 09:11
| \documentclass[11pt]{article}
| \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
| \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
| \usepackage{fixltx2e}
| \usepackage{graphicx}
| \usepackage{longtable}
| \usepackage{float}
| \usepackage{wrapfig}
| \usepackage{rotating}
| \usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
| \usepackage{amsmath}
| \usepackage{textcomp}
| \usepackage{marvosym}
| \usepackage{wasysym}
| \usepackage{amssymb}
| \usepackage{hyperref}
| \tolerance=1000
| \author{Steven Arntson}
| \date{\today}
| \title{test}
| \hypersetup{
|   pdfkeywords={},
|   pdfsubject={},
|   pdfcreator={Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.6)}}
| \begin{document}
|
| \maketitle
| \tableofcontents
|
| Test org file for conversion to LaTex
|
| \section{My top-level header}
| \label{sec-1}
| Some information under the top level header
| \subsection{A secondary header}
| \label{sec-1-1}
|
| \section{Chapter the first} \label{sec-2}
| Some information from the
| first chapter.Some information from the first Some information from the
| first chapter.Some information from the first chapter.Some information
| from the first chapter.
|
| \section{Chapter the second}
| \label{sec-3}
| The end of this document.
| % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.6)
| \end{document}

* Re: latex export beginner
@ 2014-05-21 16:27     ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-05-21 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> Thank you for your help!
>
> I'm using Org-mode version 8.2.6 (8.2.6-22-gb11b4a-elpaplus @
> /home/steven/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140519/)
>
> I mocked up a smaller reproduction of the problem, because the original
> file is too large. The same errors were produced. There's a file called
> test.log, too, which I'm not pasting in here because of its length, but
> I can if it would be helpful. Here's my org-mode document:

I think we need the whole output buffer of the pdf compilation by
pdflatex. I have the impression in your system you lack some of the used
latex packages.

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::

* Re: latex export beginner
@ 2014-05-21 17:24     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-05-21 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm taking my first baby steps at exporting an org file to LaTex. I know
>>> a little about org-mode, and almost nothing about LaTex.
>>>
>>> I type C-c C-e l o
>>>
>>> A file named file.tex is produced, but the process halts with an error:
>>>
>>> org-latex-compile: PDF file ./plm.pdf wasn't produced: [LaTeX error]
>>>
>>> A program called pdfTex produces a buffer with extensive output,
>>> including:
>>>
>>> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>>>
>>> This seems like some markup that should probably be included in my file
>>> automatically as part of the export? Shoud I add "/begin{document}" to
>>> my org doc?
>>>

>> No, the exporter should have done that. Post your org file and the
>> resulting tex file.
>>
>> Also, the version of your org mode: C-u M-x org-version will insert
>> it in the current buffer.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> I'm using Org-mode version 8.2.6 (8.2.6-22-gb11b4a-elpaplus @
> /home/steven/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140519/)
>
> I mocked up a smaller reproduction of the problem, because the original
> file is too large. The same errors were produced. There's a file called
> test.log, too, which I'm not pasting in here because of its length, but
> I can if it would be helpful.

Yes, please: as Igor Sosa Mayor mentioned, you are probably missing some
latex packages. The document exports and compiles without any problems
here. If you are on Linux and use the TeXlive distribution of TeX, then
you can check for the existence of e.g. package "ulem" with

    kpsewhich ulem.sty

Not sure about other systems.

> Here's my org-mode document:
>
> | Test org file for conversion to LaTex
> |
> | * My top-level header
> | Some information under the top level header
> | ** A secondary header
> |
> | * Chapter the first
> | Some information from the first chapter.Some
> | information from the first Some information from the first chapter.Some
> | information from the first chapter.Some information from the first
> | chapter.
> |
> | * Chapter the second
> | The end of this document.
>
> And here is the tex output file:
>
> | % Created 2014-05-21 Wed 09:11
> | \documentclass[11pt]{article}
> | \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> | \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> | \usepackage{fixltx2e}
> | \usepackage{graphicx}
> | \usepackage{longtable}
> | \usepackage{float}
> | \usepackage{wrapfig}
> | \usepackage{rotating}
> | \usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
> | \usepackage{amsmath}
> | \usepackage{textcomp}
> | \usepackage{marvosym}
> | \usepackage{wasysym}
> | \usepackage{amssymb}
> | \usepackage{hyperref}
> | \tolerance=1000
> | \author{Steven Arntson}
> | \date{\today}
> | \title{test}
> | \hypersetup{
> |   pdfkeywords={},
> |   pdfsubject={},
> |   pdfcreator={Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.6)}}
> | \begin{document}
> |
> | \maketitle
> | \tableofcontents
> |
> | Test org file for conversion to LaTex
> |
> | \section{My top-level header}
> | \label{sec-1}
> | Some information under the top level header
> | \subsection{A secondary header}
> | \label{sec-1-1}
> |
> | \section{Chapter the first} \label{sec-2}
> | Some information from the
> | first chapter.Some information from the first Some information from the
> | first chapter.Some information from the first chapter.Some information
> | from the first chapter.
> |
> | \section{Chapter the second}
> | \label{sec-3}
> | The end of this document.
> | % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.6)
> | \end{document}

I'd suggest that you use this style of quote:

Quoted text

for stuff that your correspondents might want to use: easier to
just cut-and-paste. This is done with the command

     M-x message-mark-inserted-region

(which is bound to C-c M-m by default I think).

Nick

* Re: latex export beginner
@ 2014-05-21 19:43       ` Steven Arntson
From: Steven Arntson @ 2014-05-21 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> [...]

>> | Some information under the top level header
>> | \subsection{A secondary header}
>> | \label{sec-1-1}
>> |
>> | \section{Chapter the first} \label{sec-2}
>> | Some information from the
>> | first chapter.Some information from the first Some information
>> | from the
>> | first chapter.Some information from the first chapter.Some information
>> | from the first chapter.
>> |
>> | \section{Chapter the second}
>> | \label{sec-3}
>> | The end of this document.
>> | % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.6)
>> | \end{document}
>
> I'd suggest that you use this style of quote:
>

> Quoted text
>
> for stuff that your correspondents might want to use: easier to
> just cut-and-paste. This is done with the command
>
>      M-x message-mark-inserted-region
>
> (which is bound to C-c M-m by default I think).

Hi Nick,

Just in case there was something haywire, I uninstalled and reinstalled
TexLive. I'm still getting the same error. Below is the content of the
.log file. Glancing through with an unpracticed eye, I see a line that
says "file wrapfig.sty not found." Thanks again for helping me troubleshoot!

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-1.40.14 (TeX Live 2013/Debian) (format=pdflatex 2014.4.25)  21 MAY 2014 12:32
entering extended mode
 restricted \write18 enabled.
 %&-line parsing enabled.
**/home/steven/Desktop/test.tex
(/home/steven/Desktop/test.tex
LaTeX2e <2011/06/27>
Babel <3.9f> and hyphenation patterns for 2 languages loaded.
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size11.clo
File: size11.clo 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX file (size option)
)
\c@part=\count79
\c@section=\count80
\c@subsection=\count81
\c@subsubsection=\count82
\c@paragraph=\count83
\c@subparagraph=\count84
\c@figure=\count85
\c@table=\count86
\abovecaptionskip=\skip41
\belowcaptionskip=\skip42
\bibindent=\dimen102
)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/inputenc.sty
Package: inputenc 2008/03/30 v1.1d Input encoding file
\inpenc@prehook=\toks14
\inpenc@posthook=\toks15

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/utf8.def
File: utf8.def 2008/04/05 v1.1m UTF-8 support for inputenc
Now handling font encoding OML ...
... no UTF-8 mapping file for font encoding OML
Now handling font encoding T1 ...
... processing UTF-8 mapping file for font encoding T1

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/t1enc.dfu
File: t1enc.dfu 2008/04/05 v1.1m UTF-8 support for inputenc
   defining Unicode char U+00A1 (decimal 161)
   defining Unicode char U+00A3 (decimal 163)
   defining Unicode char U+00AB (decimal 171)
   defining Unicode char U+00BB (decimal 187)
   defining Unicode char U+00BF (decimal 191)
   defining Unicode char U+00C0 (decimal 192)
   defining Unicode char U+00C1 (decimal 193)
   defining Unicode char U+00C2 (decimal 194)
   defining Unicode char U+00C3 (decimal 195)
   defining Unicode char U+00C4 (decimal 196)
   defining Unicode char U+00C5 (decimal 197)
   defining Unicode char U+00C6 (decimal 198)
   defining Unicode char U+00C7 (decimal 199)
   defining Unicode char U+00C8 (decimal 200)
   defining Unicode char U+00C9 (decimal 201)
   defining Unicode char U+00CA (decimal 202)
   defining Unicode char U+00CB (decimal 203)
   defining Unicode char U+00CC (decimal 204)
   defining Unicode char U+00CD (decimal 205)
   defining Unicode char U+00CE (decimal 206)
   defining Unicode char U+00CF (decimal 207)
   defining Unicode char U+00D0 (decimal 208)
   defining Unicode char U+00D1 (decimal 209)
   defining Unicode char U+00D2 (decimal 210)
   defining Unicode char U+00D3 (decimal 211)
   defining Unicode char U+00D4 (decimal 212)
   defining Unicode char U+00D5 (decimal 213)
   defining Unicode char U+00D6 (decimal 214)
   defining Unicode char U+00D8 (decimal 216)
   defining Unicode char U+00D9 (decimal 217)
   defining Unicode char U+00DA (decimal 218)
   defining Unicode char U+00DB (decimal 219)
   defining Unicode char U+00DC (decimal 220)
   defining Unicode char U+00DD (decimal 221)
   defining Unicode char U+00DE (decimal 222)
   defining Unicode char U+00DF (decimal 223)
   defining Unicode char U+00E0 (decimal 224)
   defining Unicode char U+00E1 (decimal 225)
   defining Unicode char U+00E2 (decimal 226)
   defining Unicode char U+00E3 (decimal 227)
   defining Unicode char U+00E4 (decimal 228)
   defining Unicode char U+00E5 (decimal 229)
   defining Unicode char U+00E6 (decimal 230)
   defining Unicode char U+00E7 (decimal 231)
   defining Unicode char U+00E8 (decimal 232)
   defining Unicode char U+00E9 (decimal 233)
   defining Unicode char U+00EA (decimal 234)
   defining Unicode char U+00EB (decimal 235)
   defining Unicode char U+00EC (decimal 236)
   defining Unicode char U+00ED (decimal 237)
   defining Unicode char U+00EE (decimal 238)
   defining Unicode char U+00EF (decimal 239)
   defining Unicode char U+00F0 (decimal 240)
   defining Unicode char U+00F1 (decimal 241)
   defining Unicode char U+00F2 (decimal 242)
   defining Unicode char U+00F3 (decimal 243)
   defining Unicode char U+00F4 (decimal 244)
   defining Unicode char U+00F5 (decimal 245)
   defining Unicode char U+00F6 (decimal 246)
   defining Unicode char U+00F8 (decimal 248)
   defining Unicode char U+00F9 (decimal 249)
   defining Unicode char U+00FA (decimal 250)
   defining Unicode char U+00FB (decimal 251)
   defining Unicode char U+00FC (decimal 252)
   defining Unicode char U+00FD (decimal 253)
   defining Unicode char U+00FE (decimal 254)
   defining Unicode char U+00FF (decimal 255)
   defining Unicode char U+0102 (decimal 258)
   defining Unicode char U+0103 (decimal 259)
   defining Unicode char U+0104 (decimal 260)
   defining Unicode char U+0105 (decimal 261)
   defining Unicode char U+0106 (decimal 262)
   defining Unicode char U+0107 (decimal 263)
   defining Unicode char U+010C (decimal 268)
   defining Unicode char U+010D (decimal 269)
   defining Unicode char U+010E (decimal 270)
   defining Unicode char U+010F (decimal 271)
   defining Unicode char U+0110 (decimal 272)
   defining Unicode char U+0111 (decimal 273)
   defining Unicode char U+0118 (decimal 280)
   defining Unicode char U+0119 (decimal 281)
   defining Unicode char U+011A (decimal 282)
   defining Unicode char U+011B (decimal 283)
   defining Unicode char U+011E (decimal 286)
   defining Unicode char U+011F (decimal 287)
   defining Unicode char U+0130 (decimal 304)
   defining Unicode char U+0131 (decimal 305)
   defining Unicode char U+0132 (decimal 306)
   defining Unicode char U+0133 (decimal 307)
   defining Unicode char U+0139 (decimal 313)
   defining Unicode char U+013A (decimal 314)
   defining Unicode char U+013D (decimal 317)
   defining Unicode char U+013E (decimal 318)
   defining Unicode char U+0141 (decimal 321)
   defining Unicode char U+0142 (decimal 322)
   defining Unicode char U+0143 (decimal 323)
   defining Unicode char U+0144 (decimal 324)
   defining Unicode char U+0147 (decimal 327)
   defining Unicode char U+0148 (decimal 328)
   defining Unicode char U+014A (decimal 330)
   defining Unicode char U+014B (decimal 331)
   defining Unicode char U+0150 (decimal 336)
   defining Unicode char U+0151 (decimal 337)
   defining Unicode char U+0152 (decimal 338)
   defining Unicode char U+0153 (decimal 339)
   defining Unicode char U+0154 (decimal 340)
   defining Unicode char U+0155 (decimal 341)
   defining Unicode char U+0158 (decimal 344)
   defining Unicode char U+0159 (decimal 345)
   defining Unicode char U+015A (decimal 346)
   defining Unicode char U+015B (decimal 347)
   defining Unicode char U+015E (decimal 350)
   defining Unicode char U+015F (decimal 351)
   defining Unicode char U+0160 (decimal 352)
   defining Unicode char U+0161 (decimal 353)
   defining Unicode char U+0162 (decimal 354)
   defining Unicode char U+0163 (decimal 355)
   defining Unicode char U+0164 (decimal 356)
   defining Unicode char U+0165 (decimal 357)
   defining Unicode char U+016E (decimal 366)
   defining Unicode char U+016F (decimal 367)
   defining Unicode char U+0170 (decimal 368)
   defining Unicode char U+0171 (decimal 369)
   defining Unicode char U+0178 (decimal 376)
   defining Unicode char U+0179 (decimal 377)
   defining Unicode char U+017A (decimal 378)
   defining Unicode char U+017B (decimal 379)
   defining Unicode char U+017C (decimal 380)
   defining Unicode char U+017D (decimal 381)
   defining Unicode char U+017E (decimal 382)
   defining Unicode char U+200C (decimal 8204)
   defining Unicode char U+2013 (decimal 8211)
   defining Unicode char U+2014 (decimal 8212)
   defining Unicode char U+2018 (decimal 8216)
   defining Unicode char U+2019 (decimal 8217)
   defining Unicode char U+201A (decimal 8218)
   defining Unicode char U+201C (decimal 8220)
   defining Unicode char U+201D (decimal 8221)
   defining Unicode char U+201E (decimal 8222)
   defining Unicode char U+2030 (decimal 8240)
   defining Unicode char U+2031 (decimal 8241)
   defining Unicode char U+2039 (decimal 8249)
   defining Unicode char U+203A (decimal 8250)
   defining Unicode char U+2423 (decimal 9251)
)
Now handling font encoding OT1 ...
... processing UTF-8 mapping file for font encoding OT1

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/ot1enc.dfu
File: ot1enc.dfu 2008/04/05 v1.1m UTF-8 support for inputenc
   defining Unicode char U+00A1 (decimal 161)
   defining Unicode char U+00A3 (decimal 163)
   defining Unicode char U+00B8 (decimal 184)
[...]
Now handling font encoding OMS ...
... processing UTF-8 mapping file for font encoding OMS

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/omsenc.dfu
File: omsenc.dfu 2008/04/05 v1.1m UTF-8 support for inputenc
   defining Unicode char U+00A7 (decimal 167)
   defining Unicode char U+00B6 (decimal 182)
   defining Unicode char U+00B7 (decimal 183)
   defining Unicode char U+2020 (decimal 8224)
   defining Unicode char U+2021 (decimal 8225)
   defining Unicode char U+2022 (decimal 8226)
)
Now handling font encoding OMX ...
... no UTF-8 mapping file for font encoding OMX
Now handling font encoding U ...
... no UTF-8 mapping file for font encoding U
   defining Unicode char U+00A9 (decimal 169)
   defining Unicode char U+00AA (decimal 170)
   defining Unicode char U+00AE (decimal 174)
   defining Unicode char U+00BA (decimal 186)
   defining Unicode char U+02C6 (decimal 710)
   defining Unicode char U+02DC (decimal 732)
   defining Unicode char U+200C (decimal 8204)
   defining Unicode char U+2026 (decimal 8230)
   defining Unicode char U+2122 (decimal 8482)
   defining Unicode char U+2423 (decimal 9251)
))
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
Package: fontenc 2005/09/27 v1.99g Standard LaTeX package

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def
File: t1enc.def 2005/09/27 v1.99g Standard LaTeX file
LaTeX Font Info:    Redeclaring font encoding T1 on input line 43.
))
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/fixltx2e.sty
Package: fixltx2e 2006/09/13 v1.1m fixes to LaTeX
LaTeX Info: Redefining \em on input line 420.
)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty
Package: graphicx 1999/02/16 v1.0f Enhanced LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR)

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty
Package: keyval 1999/03/16 v1.13 key=value parser (DPC)
\KV@toks@=\toks16
)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty
Package: graphics 2009/02/05 v1.0o Standard LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR)

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty
Package: trig 1999/03/16 v1.09 sin cos tan (DPC)
)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg
File: graphics.cfg 2010/04/23 v1.9 graphics configuration of TeX Live
)
Package graphics Info: Driver file: pdftex.def on input line 91.

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdftex-def/pdftex.def
File: pdftex.def 2011/05/27 v0.06d Graphics/color for pdfTeX

(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/infwarerr.sty
Package: infwarerr 2010/04/08 v1.3 Providing info/warning/error messages (HO)
)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ltxcmds.sty
Package: ltxcmds 2011/11/09 v1.22 LaTeX kernel commands for general use (HO)
)
\Gread@gobject=\count87
))
\Gin@req@height=\dimen103
\Gin@req@width=\dimen104
)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/longtable.sty
Package: longtable 2004/02/01 v4.11 Multi-page Table package (DPC)
\LTleft=\skip43
\LTright=\skip44
\LTpre=\skip45
\LTpost=\skip46
\LTchunksize=\count88
\LTcapwidth=\dimen105
\LT@head=\box26
\LT@firsthead=\box27
\LT@foot=\box28
\LT@lastfoot=\box29
\LT@cols=\count89
\LT@rows=\count90
\c@LT@tables=\count91
\c@LT@chunks=\count92
\LT@p@ftn=\toks17
)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/float/float.sty
Package: float 2001/11/08 v1.3d Float enhancements (AL)
\c@float@type=\count93
\float@exts=\toks18
\float@box=\box30
\@float@everytoks=\toks19
\@floatcapt=\box31
)

! LaTeX Error: File `wrapfig.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.10 \usepackage
                {rotating}^^M
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 1392 strings out of 495031
 16066 string characters out of 6181531
 65261 words of memory out of 5000000
 4629 multiletter control sequences out of 15000+600000
 4709 words of font info for 16 fonts, out of 8000000 for 9000
 14 hyphenation exceptions out of 8191
 27i,0n,19p,259b,38s stack positions out of 5000i,500n,10000p,200000b,80000s
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

* Re: latex export beginner
@ 2014-05-21 19:49         ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-05-21 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

well, it's pretty clear...

! LaTeX Error: File `wrapfig.sty' not found.

you have to install the wrapfig package. If you're in debian/ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra

--

@ 2014-05-21 22:32           ` Steven Arntson
From: Steven Arntson @ 2014-05-21 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Success! I installed that package, and things are working. Thank you!
-steven