* How to make clicking on a URL inside of inline randomized footnotes open the url?
@ 2014-07-05 18:21 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-07-05 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Good afternoon,

My org is configured to use footnotes that are inline and randomized.
They look like this:

,----
| [fn:7256ed34: http://www.google.com]
`----

My goal is to be able to click on the URL and have it open in a web browser.

This works out of the box for URLs appearing anywhere else.

How may I enable this feature inside of footnotes?

Kind regards,

Grant Rettke | ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson

* Re: How to make clicking on a URL inside of inline randomized footnotes open the url?
@ 2014-07-06  7:15 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-07-06  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Grant Rettke <gcr@wisdomandwonder.com> writes:

> My org is configured to use footnotes that are inline and randomized.
> They look like this:
>
> ,----
> | [fn:7256ed34: http://www.google.com]
> `----
>
> My goal is to be able to click on the URL and have it open in a web browser.
>
> This works out of the box for URLs appearing anywhere else.
>
> How may I enable this feature inside of footnotes?

This is not possible at the moment as a consequence of a poor design
decision in `org-element-footnote-reference-parser'. I will fix it soon.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: How to make clicking on a URL inside of inline randomized footnotes open the url?
@ 2014-07-06  9:29   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-07-06  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> This is not possible at the moment as a consequence of a poor design
> decision in `org-element-footnote-reference-parser'. I will fix it
> soon.

Done.

* Re: How to make clicking on a URL inside of inline randomized footnotes open the url?
@ 2014-07-06 12:50     ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-07-06 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thank you and have a great day.