* Scaling down face maintains line height
@ 2014-07-28 15:34 Andreas
From: Andreas @ 2014-07-28 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

when I scale down (C-x C--) an org buffer's faces, they maintain the
original line height, filling up with vertical space, which is not what
I want.  See as an example:

https://share.eva.mpg.de/public.php?service=files&t=0bd6cff7cc9bb41d691d0d0f0260f7ef

The importance of it becomes visible when using minimap-mode, which
becomes useless under these circumstances.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Andreas

* Re: Scaling down face maintains line height
@ 2014-07-28 15:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-07-28 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

Andreas <robertdudley@freenet.de> writes:

> when I scale down (C-x C--) an org buffer's faces, they maintain the
> original line height, filling up with vertical space, which is not what
> I want.

Is it just in org-mode or in Emacs in general?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Scaling down face maintains line height
@ 2014-07-28 16:32 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-07-28 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Andreas <robertdudley@freenet.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when I scale down (C-x C--) an org buffer's faces, they maintain the
> original line height, filling up with vertical space, which is not what
> I want.  See as an example:
>
> https://share.eva.mpg.de/public.php?service=files&t=0bd6cff7cc9bb41d691d0d0f0260f7ef
>
> The importance of it becomes visible when using minimap-mode, which
> becomes useless under these circumstances.
>
> Any idea?

I cannot reproduce it:

GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10) of
2013-07-14
Org-mode version 8.2.7b (release_8.2.7b-1-ga5beff.dirty @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

which might imply that it's version-dependent.

--
Nick

* Re: Scaling down face maintains line height
@ 2014-07-28 18:21   ` Robert Dudley
From: Robert Dudley @ 2014-07-28 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi again,

in a LaTeX buffer, for example, it works smoothly:

https://share.eva.mpg.de/public.php?service=files&t=257412dda02bccdc4ed122852e446eb1

Org buffers are the only occasions on which I encountered the described behavior.
The versions:

- Org-mode version 8.2 (8.2-6-gd745cd-elpa @ /home...)
- GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2) of
  2013-07-27 on roseapple, modified by Debian

Unicode characters (nice quotes, arrows, other symbols) are used in all
cases.

Best,
Andreas