* Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
@ 2014-12-12  9:08 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-12-12  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Is there an easy way of opening all INCLUDEd files in an org document,
i.e. a single command or an easy way of doing it via some elisp code?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
@ 2014-12-12 11:14 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-12-12 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rainer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Is there an easy way of opening all INCLUDEd files in an org document,
> i.e. a single command or an easy way of doing it via some elisp code?

C-c ' and C-c & to return.
It even works on this link:

   #+INCLUDE: "/tmp/t1.org::*foo"

For how to do it lisp look at how `org-edit-special', namely the keyword
part.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Send from my Emacs

* Re: Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
@ 2014-12-12 11:19 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-12-12 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Is there an easy way of opening all INCLUDEd files in an org document,
> i.e. a single command or an easy way of doing it via some elisp code?

Oh, sorry, I didn't see the "all".  But yeah, it should be easy with
org-element-map.  Map over all keywords, ensure they are INCLUDE keywords,
move point to their :begin and call org-edit-special or similar.  You
could use save-excursion, save-window-excursion to make it not suck.
You'd might have to widen first, then you could use save-restriction.

Hope it helps,
Ramsus

--
May the Force be with you

* Re: Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
@ 2014-12-12 11:40   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-12-12 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> Is there an easy way of opening all INCLUDEd files in an org document,
>> i.e. a single command or an easy way of doing it via some elisp code?
>
> Oh, sorry, I didn't see the "all".

No problem - so I learned about C-c & - very useful.

> But yeah, it should be easy with org-element-map.  Map over all
> keywords, ensure they are INCLUDE keywords, move point to their :begin
> and call org-edit-special or similar.  You could use save-excursion,
> save-window-excursion to make it not suck.  You'd might have to widen
> first, then you could use save-restriction.

OK - I might look into it when I get to annoyed by the manual approach.

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
@ 2014-12-12 17:35     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-12-12 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>>
>>> Is there an easy way of opening all INCLUDEd files in an org document,
>>> i.e. a single command or an easy way of doing it via some elisp code?
>>
>> Oh, sorry, I didn't see the "all".
>
> No problem - so I learned about C-c & - very useful.
>
>> But yeah, it should be easy with org-element-map.  Map over all
>> keywords, ensure they are INCLUDE keywords, move point to their :begin
>> and call org-edit-special or similar.  You could use save-excursion,
>> save-window-excursion to make it not suck.  You'd might have to widen
>> first, then you could use save-restriction.
>
> OK - I might look into it when I get to annoyed by the manual approach.

The old exporter provided a function, org-export-handle-include-files-recurse,
that allowed an org-to-org export, recursively including the files. The
commit that introduced it was

   5633f7084a96298f415f07c348844bd5f22eb81e

I didn't find a commit that deleted it but that's not surpising: it
probably went away when the new exporter came in.

It should be possible to add a similar function (based on element
mapping as Rasmus suggests).

There is also a function in org-hacks on Worg that did what you
are trying to do, but since it was based on the above, it no longer
works:

        http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#sec-1-10-2

That section needs to be marked obsolete (or taken out altogether).

Nick

* Re: Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
@ 2014-12-12 18:07       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-12-12 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> The old exporter provided a function, org-export-handle-include-files-recurse,
> that allowed an org-to-org export, recursively including the files. The
> commit that introduced it was
>
>    5633f7084a96298f415f07c348844bd5f22eb81e
>
> I didn't find a commit that deleted it but that's not surpising: it
> probably went away when the new exporter came in.

This is probably equivalent to `org-export-expand-include-keyword'.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
@ 2014-12-12 18:13         ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-12-12 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The old exporter provided a function, org-export-handle-include-files-recurse,
>> that allowed an org-to-org export, recursively including the files. The
>> commit that introduced it was
>>
>>    5633f7084a96298f415f07c348844bd5f22eb81e
>>
>> I didn't find a commit that deleted it but that's not surpising: it
>> probably went away when the new exporter came in.
>
> This is probably equivalent to `org-export-expand-include-keyword'.

This is a destructive operation. But maybe ox-org for export?

—Rasmus

--
The Kids call him Billy the Saint