Rasums wrote: > Titus von der Malsburg posteo.de> writes: > > > Hi all, > > > > I just updated to the development version of org and encountered a > > problem with inline LaTeX formulae. I have the following test document: > > > > #+OPTIONS: toc:nil tex:t > > Test: ($p\ll.001$) > > Try: > Test: (\(p\ll.001\)) > > ($x$) doesn't work. You could use $(x)$. Strangely > org-highlight-latex-and-related still highlights it. > > –Rasmus Thanks, Rasmus (and Marcin), replacing the $ by \( and \) works. I didn’t know about the parentheses notation. To my experience most people use the $ notation for inline math, and therefore it would make sense to properly support that notation, too. Especially since it used to work in earlier versions of org (if I’m not mistaken) and there is nothing in the manual suggesting that it shouldn’t work. The contrary is the case. Quote from the manual: To avoid conflicts with currency specifications, single ‘$’ characters are only recognized as math delimiters if the enclosed text contains at most two line breaks, is directly attached to the ‘$’ characters with no whitespace in between, and if the closing ‘$’ is followed by whitespace, punctuation or a dash. Parentheses are punctuation, so the $ in my example should be interpreted as math delimiters. I think whoever wrote the code, simply overlooked parentheses when implementing the punctuation part. This should be fixed. Titus