* What is the symbol/glyph that ... ?
@ 2015-06-20  5:30 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2015-06-20  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

What is the symbol/glyph or whatever for clocking in on a task in the
agenda please? The menu says that it is "I", yet whatever I press on
this UK keyboard I can't find it! I've tried I, 1, !, and even |,
but none of them work! I can clock out okay using the keyboard, but
just not able to clock in from the keyboard in the agenda view.

Is it possible to customise it please to something that will work
here? I've looked in all the org-agenda customisation files that I
can find but can't see where I can change it from.

Any ideas please folk?

Thanks
Sharon.

Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /home/boudiccas/git/org-mode/lisp/)
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.0, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.5.50.1

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: What is the symbol/glyph that ... ?
@ 2015-06-20 16:25 ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2015-06-20 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: org-mode

"I" (capital letter i) is bound to org-agenda-clock-in.

You can check binding in your installation via describe-function:

   C-h f org-agenda-clock-in

In the agenda buffer, you can check what is "I" bound to:

   C-h k I

.j.

@ 2015-06-21  9:46   ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2015-06-21  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Pechiar; +Cc: org-mode

Juan Pechiar <juan@pechiar.com> writes:

> "I" (capital letter i) is bound to org-agenda-clock-in.
>
> You can check binding in your installation via describe-function:
>
>    C-h f org-agenda-clock-in
>
> In the agenda buffer, you can check what is "I" bound to:
>
>    C-h k I

Thanks for this Juan.

For some obscure reasons "I" is working properly now, but I did check
the key-bindings to check it was all configured properly.

Thanks
Sharon.

@ 2015-06-24  8:22     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-06-24  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: Juan Pechiar, org-mode

On Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 10:46, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Juan Pechiar <juan@pechiar.com> writes:
>> You can check binding in your installation via describe-function:
>>
>>    C-h f org-agenda-clock-in
>>
>> In the agenda buffer, you can check what is "I" bound to:
>>
>>    C-h k I
>>
> Thanks for this Juan.
>
> For some obscure reasons "I" is working properly now, but I did check
> the key-bindings to check it was all configured properly.

Sharon,
the other useful help command is where-is (C-h w) to find out if and
where a command is bound:

   C-h w org-agenda-clock-in RET

will tell you which key bindings will execute that command for the
buffer you are currently visiting.  E.g. in the agenda view, I get:

,----
`----

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-1216-gb856f6.dirty