Alan Schmitt writes: > On 2015-07-18 05:11, Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Alan Schmitt writes: >> >>> I gave this a try and it seems that `org-attach-directory' needs to be >>> defined for it to work. I'm surprised because I never configured this >>> and with gnorb I have had files attached using org-attach. Does gnorb >>> use a default value for this? >> >> Gnorb has calls to (require 'org-attach) in certain places -- unless >> you've loaded and used gnorb in your current session, you'll probably >> want to require that yourself. > > Ah, yes, of course. It seems to be working, but it’s awfully silent. It > would be great if it gave some feedback (I don’t know if it actually > deleted anything, as there was nothing in the *Messages* buffer). Whoops, forgot about this! Feedback is a very good idea. I'm sending another version, this time as a patch in case this is something that would be welcome in Org proper. Eric