From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: gnus org and tags
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:10:43 -0700	[thread overview]

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> I would like to add to certain messages (which I read via gnus and the
> imap protocol) tags so that searching is simplified. Is there a way to
> do that using the org tags engine? Gnorb would be a candidate but that
> feature is listed in the TODO list.

Yup, I haven't gotten to it, mostly because message tagging is one part
of a much larger new feature set that I haven't had time to implement
yet. That, and most of my hacking time has been taken up by a new
version of BBDB I'm working on -- still part of the larger Gnorb
project.

My idea was to use the Gnus registry to record Org tags, which means
that searching would have to be done via the registry, not the usual
nnir search interface. Would that be acceptable to you, or would you
rather somehow store the tags in IMAP itself?

Eric