From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
To: Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: backporting changes to exported results for collaborative editing
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 06:31:58 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2017-02-07, at 02:15, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> suppose you export a subtree to ascii or html, and then a bunch of
> people want to help you edit it.  obviously you want the changes back
> in org.
>
> obviously the best would be if you could give them the source,
> complete with comments.  but assume that they are not computer people,
> and not org people, and you don't want to give them your irrelevant
> comments.
>
> also assume you also don't want to give them your irrelevant tasks and
> you do not use org-export-with-tasks.
>
> it might be that i already know the answer: just do the best you can
> with diff, and request small sets of changes at a time, or request
> manual instructions for changes.  but perhaps you have ideas?

Maybe this could be automated a bit?  Like, org -> markdown, then
people's edits, then diff generating a patch, then some tool existing
only in my dreams currently that converts the md patch to an org patch,
and then apply that patch to the original org?  For small enough
changes, that could actually work, no?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski