Hello, Uwe Brauer writes: > Here are my impressions. > > > - (org-table-hide-column nil) works nicely! I can hide several columns: I > start with the first, hide it, move to the second hide etc > > - however (org-table-hide-column 1) etc did not work as expected, > the first column was hidden but when I called > (org-table-hide-column 2) that column was not hidden! Then I > found out the culprit. I had the cursor on a different column. So > (org-table-hide-column 1) seems to work best if the cursor is not > on the table! > > - would it be possible to hide various column on the fly. Either by > marking them or running (org-table-hide-column 1 2 3) or > something like this. > > Thanks very much for this, I would it very useful and think it should be > included at some point in master. I toyed a bit further with the idea, and re-designed the whole thing. The new implementation provides a single user-facing function: `org-table-toggle-column-visibility'. Here is its docstring: Shrink or expand current column in an Org table. When optional argument ARG is a string, use it as white space separated list of column ranges. A column range can be one of the following patterns: N column N only N-M every column between N and M (both inclusive) N- every column between N (inclusive) and the last column -M every column between the first one and M (inclusive) - every column When called with `C-u' prefix, ask for the range specification. When called with `C-u C-u' prefix, expand all columns. In particular, when called with a prefix argument, it allows you to type, e.g., "1-3 5 6-" and have columns 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and onward shrunk or expanded, according to their current state. I find it quite efficient. I imagine it can be useful when handling wide tables, but so can "" cookies. Anyway, feedback welcome. Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou