* Bug: open pdfview link causes severe memory allocation [9.3.6 (9.3.6-60-gf3c137-elpaplus @ /home/firmart/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200427/)]
@ 2020-05-01 17:52 Firmin Martin
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Firmin Martin @ 2020-05-01 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
After a package update (especially org-mode and pdf-tools), I remark two
changes about *pdfview links* :
1. Follow a *file link* doesn't open pdf with pdfview mode anymore,
instead, it opens the pdf using the default system's pdf reader.
2. Open *pdfview link* now causes severe memory allocation which freezes
quickly my PC.
I tested if it's pdftools issue, but it's not: editing a pdf opens
successfully the pdf with pdfview mode.
Emacs: GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.8, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2020-01-13
- Org mode version 9.3.6 (9.3.6-60-gf3c137-elpaplus @ /home/firmart/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200427/)
- pdf-tools version: 20200427.2136
- org-pdfview version: 20180225.1006
N.B. I just noticed that there is a relatively new package
"org-pdftools" which may fix this behavior. But this is a severe bug
that shouldn't happen.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-01 17:53 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-05-01 17:52 Bug: open pdfview link causes severe memory allocation [9.3.6 (9.3.6-60-gf3c137-elpaplus @ /home/firmart/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200427/)] Firmin Martin
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).