Hi Nicolas, So, I've now fixed the handling of already-$-delaminated fragments, and removed the $$ from around environments. Sorry to complicate things, but, looking at what the HTML fallback actually is, I've had some further thoughts. The HTML backend will either leave the content as-is, run `org-latex-to-html-convert-command', or run something from `org-preview-latex-process-alist' and include an . Should one want to convert LaTeX images say to an SVG for HTML export, I do not think one would want this behaviour to also apply to LaTeX being exported to markdown. As such I see two 'sensible' paths forward: (1) just include LaTeX verbatim when :with-latex is non-nil, or (2) introduce `org-markdown-with-latex' which can be set to t/'verbatim or 'html. In the attached patch, I've taken the first approach. Let me know if you'd like to take the second approach, or just inherit the HTML behaviour for LaTeX after all. -- Timothy