* org-goto shows full-size help window
@ 2021-11-08 14:04 Carlos Pita
From: Carlos Pita @ 2021-11-08 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

when calling org-goto I get a full-size help window with very little
content. I believe this window is supposed to be at the bottom of the
indirect search buffer but for some reason it occupies the entire
frame. See the attached screenshot.

I'm running a recent build of emacs-28. Org version is: 9.5
(release_9.5-68-g77e2e).

Best regards,
Carlos

[-- Attachment #2: Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.03.57.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 406057 bytes --]

* Re: org-goto shows full-size help window
@ 2021-11-08 14:25 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-11-08 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Pita; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita2@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> when calling org-goto I get a full-size help window with very little
> content. I believe this window is supposed to be at the bottom of the
> indirect search buffer but for some reason it occupies the entire
> frame. See the attached screenshot.

See https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87mtnovv7f.fsf@alphapapa.net/
It should be already fixed on bugfix branch.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-goto shows full-size help window
@ 2021-11-08 15:13   ` Carlos Pita
From: Carlos Pita @ 2021-11-08 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> .See https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87mtnovv7f.fsf@alphapapa.net/
> It should be already fixed on bugfix branch.

Thanks for the prompt response!

I'm going to install it from gnu elpa then. What is the exact relationship
between bugfix and the version of org shipped with emacs? When emacs is
released does it always include the latest org bugfix release available at
the time? I'm not asking about my particular situation, after all I'm
running an emacs prerelease, but  in general.

Best regards,
Carlos

* Re: org-goto shows full-size help window
@ 2021-11-08 15:38   ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2021-11-08 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko, Carlos Pita; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 08/11/2021 21:25, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Carlos Pita writes:
>>
>> when calling org-goto I get a full-size help window with very little
>> content. I believe this window is supposed to be at the bottom of the
>> indirect search buffer but for some reason it occupies the entire
>> frame. See the attached screenshot.
>
> See https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87mtnovv7f.fsf@alphapapa.net/
> It should be already fixed on bugfix branch.

Ihor, a kind of fix (dropping of `org-no-popus' just for `org-goto') is
committed to the main branch only. Neither of discussed approaches has
landed to bugfix so far.

* Re: org-goto shows full-size help window
@ 2021-11-08 16:12     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-11-08 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Nikulin; +Cc: Carlos Pita, emacs-orgmode

> Ihor, a kind of fix (dropping of `org-no-popus' just for `org-goto') is
> committed to the main branch only. Neither of discussed approaches has
> landed to bugfix so far.

I genuinely thought that the fix was on the same branch with the
original commit. Let me cherry-pick Marco's commit and back-port it to
bugfix.

Best,
Ihor