Nicolas Goaziou writes: >> It's the second of the two stoppers that John identified. >> >> He seems to have reported a related issue last August, but it slipped >> through the cracks. >> >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2021-08/msg00303.html > A long-term solution would be to apply fontification on top of parsed > data exclusively. IIRC, I think Ihor started to work on something like > this, but I don't know about the current state of that project. Yeah, but I afraid that I will have to implement object-level caching to get sustainable performance. Currently, I got something semi-working in https://github.com/yantar92/org/tree/feature/org-font-lock-element, but it still chocks on large paragraphs with a lot of emphasis objects. > One short-term solution would be to use the same function to fontify > links and cites. I.e., "org.el" could define > `org-activate-cites-and-links', which in turn, would dispatch work to > either `org-activate-links' or `org-cite-activate'. A quick temporary fix could be like the attached. Or checking (org-element-context) instead of direct call to citation parser. Best, Ihor