Hi all, 2¢ from me: I have yet to see an example which seems like it actually needs the ability to go “up” a level. Sometimes I need to rethink my initial impulses, but often it forces me to use a better structure. Considering the example used in the thread, I would think it lends itself to something like this: ┌──── │ * General animals │ Some text about general animals │ │ ** Categories │ │ *** arthropods │ spiders and things │ │ *** vertebrates │ so-and-so │ │ *** other animals │ etc. │ │ ** Overall comments │ More about animals in general └──── All the best, Timothy -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .