* Re: How to update a timestamp?
@ 2023-03-12 23:24 Dieter Faulbaum
From: Dieter Faulbaum @ 2023-03-12 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If you are prompted for the date, you can give a point ('.') and
the current date is shown.
I think this is "short enough".

* Re: How to update a timestamp?
@ 2023-03-13  9:02 ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2023-03-13  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dieter Faulbaum; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dieter Faulbaum writes on Mon 13 Mar 2023 00:24:

 > If you are prompted for the date, you can give a point ('.') and
 > the current date is shown.
 > I think this is "short enough".

Indeed, short enough.  Thank you.

I guess I should have found it by myself, but skim reading through
8.2.1 gave me the feeling that it was only devoted to specific
formats.

Also, when searching through the manual for time-stamp, I was a victim
of the time-stamp/timestamp curse :-)

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr

* Use timestamp instead of time-stamp uniformly in Org (was: How to update a timestamp?)
@ 2023-03-13 11:29   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-03-13 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alain.cochard; +Cc: Dieter Faulbaum, emacs-orgmode

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> Also, when searching through the manual for time-stamp, I was a victim
> of the time-stamp/timestamp curse :-)

Manual overwhelmingly uses timestamp, except several "time-spamped",
which appear to be just right.

Not so much for function and variable names. Some (few) use time-stamp
with dash.

Would you be interested to create a patch?
We can simply provide "timestamp" aliases to "time-stamp" functions and
variables and then mention the aliases in the manual.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Use timestamp instead of time-stamp uniformly in Org (was: How to update a timestamp?)
@ 2023-03-13 11:36     ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2023-03-13 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: alain.cochard, emacs-orgmode

Ihor Radchenko writes on Mon 13 Mar 2023 11:29:

 > Would you be interested to create a patch?

I wish I could, but it is beyond my ability: I am not an (e)lisp
programmer.

--

@ 2023-03-13 11:52       ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-03-13 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain.Cochard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> Ihor Radchenko writes on Mon 13 Mar 2023 11:29:
>
>  > Would you be interested to create a patch?
>
> I wish I could, but it is beyond my ability: I am not an (e)lisp
> programmer.

It is not too hard. Just a question of sprinkling defalias and
defvaralias near the functions with "time-stamp" in name.
lisp/org.el has plenty of examples.

Then, doc/org-manual.org is just an Org file where you can add extra
#+findex: entries with "timestamp" function name references.

We have the details about creating patches in
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#first-patch

--

@ 2023-04-30 11:52     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-04-30 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alain.cochard; +Cc: Dieter Faulbaum, emacs-orgmode

> Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:
>
>> Also, when searching through the manual for time-stamp, I was a victim
>> of the time-stamp/timestamp curse :-)
>
> Manual overwhelmingly uses timestamp, except several "time-spamped",
> which appear to be just right.
>
> Not so much for function and variable names. Some (few) use time-stamp
> with dash.

Now done on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=989cc5149

--