At Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:26:06 -0800, Markus Heller wrote: > > On 1/5/2010 8:47 AM, David Maus wrote: > > Hi Markus, > > > > At Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:37:45 -0800, > > Markus Heller wrote: > >> > >> If I type M-x org-expiry-process-entries in expiry.org, I get the > >> following error: > >> > >> Symbol's function definition is void: org-expiry-handler function > > > > This actually is a bug in org-expiry.el that is fixed with the > > attached patch. > > Thanks for the patch. > > But when I run M-x org-expiry-process-entries in the agenda or in my > example file (see below), I get the following message in the minibuffer: > > "The mark is not set now, so there is no region" > > When I run M-x org-expiry-process-entry in my example file (see below), > it works! This command doesn't work in the agenda, but this is by > design, right? > > Am I correct in assuming that I should be able to use M-x > org-expiry-process-entries in the agenda? No. Up to now org-expiry is constructed to work on a per file basis and `org-expiry-process-entries' even expects the headlines to process in a region. That is what the first message "The mark is not set now, so there is no region" complains about. It seems reasonable to me that org-expiry should provide a function that processes all headlines in a buffer and processing all headlines in an agenda view. Could I ask you to elaborate on the intended use of org-expiry? I'm not quite sure about how expiry fits in the overall concept of orgmode. Regards -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... maus.david@gmail.com