* including images for tex export, how?
@ 2010-11-17 21:54 Stinky Wizzleteet
From: Stinky Wizzleteet @ 2010-11-17 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've tried adding a link to a picture so it would show up in the tex
export.
It doesn't get exported as an "\includegraphics" sort of deal, but as a
hyperlink.
Where, how can I fix this ?

thanks,
wzzl

--
Stinky Wizzleteet thinks:
Do not sleep in a eucalyptus tree tonight.

* Re: including images for tex export, how?
@ 2010-11-18 16:55 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-11-18 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stinky Wizzleteet; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha wzzl,

What did your link look like?  Org-mode will export links with
descriptions as links, but links without descriptions wrapped in an
includegraphics environment:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html#Images-in-LaTeX-export

All the best,
Tom

@ 2010-11-19 13:06 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-11-19 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stinky Wizzleteet; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Stinky Wizzleteet <wizzleteet@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried adding a link to a picture so it would show up in the tex
> export.
> It doesn't get exported as an "\includegraphics" sort of deal, but as a
> hyperlink.
> Where, how can I fix this ?

make sure the link starts with "file:".  I had this problem earlier this
morning as I had put only the file name.  i.e. you want something like
this:

  some text ...

  [[file:figures/mygraph.jpg]]

or similar.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.93.g451ac)

* Re: including images for tex export, how?
@ 2010-11-20 12:16   ` Stinky Wizzleteet
From: Stinky Wizzleteet @ 2010-11-20 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:
Thanks all, the no description bit did the trick.

grtz wzzl

> Aloha wzzl,
>

> What did your link look like?  Org-mode will export links with descriptions as links, but links without
> descriptions wrapped in an includegraphics environment:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html#Images-in-LaTeX-export
>

> All the best,
>
> Tom
>

> On Nov 17, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Stinky Wizzleteet wrote:
>
>                                                                               Hi,
>                           I've tried adding a link to a picture so it would show up
>                           in the tex                          export.                          It
>                           doesn't get exported as an "\includegraphics" sort of
>                           deal, but as a                          hyperlink.                          Where,
>                           how can I fix this ?
>                           thanks,                          wzzl
>                           --                          Stinky Wizzleteet thinks:                          Do
>                           not sleep in a eucalyptus tree tonight.

Stinky Wizzleteet thinks:
Never look up when dragons fly overhead.