* [Bug] HTML export hangs on certain characters
@ 2011-03-11 17:11 Rehan Iftikhar
From: Rehan Iftikhar @ 2011-03-11 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Im trying to do an html export of an org file and it keeps hanging /
freezing emacs. I have narrowed it down to this:

* This headline exports fine
* But when the headline includes an & it does not

I have verified this on master as of 10 minutes ago.

--
-Rehan

* Re: [Bug] HTML export hangs on certain characters
@ 2011-03-11 17:30 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-11 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rehan Iftikhar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rehan,

Rehan Iftikhar <rehan.iftikhar@gmail.com> writes:

> Im trying to do an html export of an org file and it keeps hanging /
> freezing emacs. I have narrowed it down to this:
>
> * This headline exports fine
> * But when the headline includes an & it does not
>
> I have verified this on master as of 10 minutes ago.

Fixed, thanks.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [Bug] HTML export hangs on certain characters
@ 2011-03-11 17:35 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-03-11 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rehan Iftikhar; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Rehan Iftikhar <rehan.iftikhar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Im trying to do an html export of an org file and it keeps hanging /
> freezing emacs. I have narrowed it down to this:
>
> * This headline exports fine
> * But when the headline includes an & it does not
>
> I have verified this on master as of 10 minutes ago.

I can reproduce this in latest git.

Works fine in

Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.8.g06f3.dirty)

Seems like org-html-protect acquired an infinite loop: it rescans
the replacement "&amp;", find another & and goes on ad-infinitum.

Nick

* Re: [Bug] HTML export hangs on certain characters
@ 2011-03-11 17:46   ` Rehan Iftikhar
From: Rehan Iftikhar @ 2011-03-11 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I verified the fix, thanks.