From: Lluís <xscript@gmx.net>
To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-capture-other-frame
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 14:39:59 +0200	[thread overview]

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa writes:

> Thanks for sharing, this looks really interesting. Could you give us a
> bit more information on how you are using it (how you are setting up
> the hotkeys, what's the workflow, etc)? Some specs about your system
> would help as well. I'm using OSX 10.6.

I've tested this on a Linux system (latest Debian stable), but on other
systems you might need to tune the frame parameters (just in case some
of the parameters I used are XWindows-specific).

For the usage, its pretty simple. Inside emacs, bind
'my-org-capture-other-frame' into any key of your liking. Outside emacs,
it's a bit more tricky. Assuming you have an "emacs --daemon" running,
in XWindows you can use it (regardless of whether you already have an
open frame) with:

    emacsclient -d $DISPLAY -e '(my-org-capture-other-frame)'

Lluis

 Tollbooth