On 27 Jun 2011, Suvayu Ali wrote: > On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:08:26 +0200 > Michael Markert wrote: > >>> A fix/workaround is to adjust the loadpath to: >>> >>> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/build/org-mode")) >> >> Scratch that. You need that line _additionally_ to the your other >> two. > > I noticed something strange; if you do (load-library "org-capture") > for example (with the load path set to ~/build/orgmode/lisp), the > libraries get loaded without any errors and then on everything works > as usual. This seems like a strange behaviour to me. No, it's perfectly fine. With the autoloads you search for `lisp/file.el' so the directory that includes the lisp directory has to be in the load-path. If you search only for the `file.el' the `lisp' directory itself has to be in the load-path. This is exactly the problem if you change your load-path according to my first mail: If you (or a file -- in my case it was org-contacts.el) load the file directly, you'll fail. With org-mode this is especially hairy, because the bundled org-mode is by default still in the load-path, so you'll load the old ones -- in the best case this results in cryptic and incomprehensible error messages on load. Michael