The way org-export is structured unfortunately produces circular dependencies due to the dispatcher and that prevents it from being compiled properly. I'd think that it should be possible to move most things except the dispatcher into a new file (org-e-common or so?) and have the other export backends depend on that instead of org-export. One of test fails (but independently of compiling or not compiling the rest of the new exporter). The failing test is test-org-element/src-block-interpreter, it appears that the test expects the block to be indented by two spaces, but it starts at the beginning of line for me. Maybe some configuration is missing, but in any case that should be provided by the test. Regards, Achim. -- +<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+ Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld: http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds