From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [OT] Does anyone use Tinderbox?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:18:33 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Eric,

> * [ag] Next Tasks
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :AGENDA_QUERY: -WAITING-CANCELLED/!NEXT
>   :END:
>
> The [ag] cookie tells Org that this is an agenda headline. You hit "C-c
> C-g" (or something) within this headline, and Org runs the query and
> inserts the results as children of the headline. It's just a plain old
> Org headline, and can be saved or exported as part of the file. The only
> difference is that you can continue to update it (either manually or
> with a hook), and that certain Org agenda keybindings are in effect
> while point is in the headline (actually this part would probably be the
> most difficult).

IMHO this would mix the functionalities you have in an .org file and
those you have in an agenda too much.

Another problem is that you will end up with duplicated headlines.

But if I get the gist of the idea correctly, it sounds like something
I've been thinking about: a way to collect headlines from an agenda
view, then capture or refile them under a new headline.  Not exactly
what you are thinking about, but based on the core idea of collecting
more easily.

--
 Bastien