emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* footnote placement
@ 2013-01-24 13:07 henry atting
  2013-01-24 13:32 ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: henry atting @ 2013-01-24 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

how can I achieve that footnotes are inserted at the end of the top
level headline? By default they are inserted at the end after a new
headline ``footnotes''. 
Secondly how to prevent html export from altering the given position?

henry 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: footnote placement
  2013-01-24 13:07 footnote placement henry atting
@ 2013-01-24 13:32 ` Bastien
  2013-01-24 14:10   ` henry atting
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-24 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

> how can I achieve that footnotes are inserted at the end of the top
> level headline? By default they are inserted at the end after a new
> headline ``footnotes''. 

I remember seeing a hack for this, but maybe my memory is wrong.
With Org's default features, you cannot.
 
> Secondly how to prevent html export from altering the given
> position?

I don't understand... what do you mean?

Best,

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: footnote placement
  2013-01-24 13:32 ` Bastien
@ 2013-01-24 14:10   ` henry atting
  2013-01-31 11:05     ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: henry atting @ 2013-01-24 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Henry,
>
> henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:
>
>> how can I achieve that footnotes are inserted at the end of the top
>> level headline? By default they are inserted at the end after a new
>> headline ``footnotes''. 
>
> I remember seeing a hack for this, but maybe my memory is wrong.
> With Org's default features, you cannot.
>  
>> Secondly how to prevent html export from altering the given
>> position?
>
> I don't understand... what do you mean?

Thanks Bastien. Okay, it is not possible by default. As a workaround I manually
put the footnotes where I want them to be. So far so good, but when I
export the file to html the footnotes are at the end of the html
document anyway. Hence my second question. It would not bother me to
change the footnotes' postion in the org file by hand if the org to html
exporter would respect my changes.
 
> Best,

Cheers,
henry

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: footnote placement
  2013-01-24 14:10   ` henry atting
@ 2013-01-31 11:05     ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-31 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

> Thanks Bastien. Okay, it is not possible by default. As a workaround I manually
> put the footnotes where I want them to be. So far so good, but when I
> export the file to html the footnotes are at the end of the html
> document anyway. 

Yes, that's the way Org export works for now.

> Hence my second question. It would not bother me to
> change the footnotes' postion in the org file by hand if the org to html
> exporter would respect my changes.

Feature request registered, thanks.

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-01-31 11:14 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-01-24 13:07 footnote placement henry atting
2013-01-24 13:32 ` Bastien
2013-01-24 14:10   ` henry atting
2013-01-31 11:05     ` Bastien

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).