Bastien writes: > There is already this in org-macs.el: > > (when (and (not (fboundp 'with-silent-modifications)) > (or (< emacs-major-version 23) > (and (= emacs-major-version 23) > (< emacs-minor-version 2)))) > (defmacro with-silent-modifications (&rest body) > `(org-unmodified ,@body)) > (def-edebug-spec with-silent-modifications (body))) We shouldn't define things that don't have an org prefix. I don't really see why we needed to replace org-unmodified in the first place, especially since with-silent-modifications does _more_ than org-unmodified, not less as your comment in org-macs would imply. Here's a patch to restore org-unmodified in the sources, make it an alias to with-silent-modifications when possible and augment the replacement definition with a few things that with-silent-modifications does on top of what org-unmodified did. We might even copy the whole macro definition from subr.el, but I think we're close enough with this.