* need a org-contacts feature
@ 2013-04-09 10:10 Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2013-04-09 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

org-contacts is very useful, but it can't be work well with CJK users
for CJK input method, I need a feature like this:

1. If I search  string "你好" ,the result will be: "你好"

2. if  I  have a dict function in which there is  '("nihao" "你好") or '("nh" "你好")

3. the feature I expect is like:  when I search "nihao" or "nh" ,the result will be "你好"

Thanks

* Re: need a org-contacts feature
@ 2013-04-10 13:22 ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2013-04-10 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

do I understand correct, that you want to enter the pinyin transcription to
search for the desired hànzì?
Not sure whether this is possible. I guess you are aware of the emacs input
methods?!
A dictionary method like you describe might be doable with yasnippet.
http://capitaomorte.github.io/yasnippet/

However, it would only be practical for the most common words.

Hope that helps a bit

Greetings

Torsten

@ 2013-04-10 13:47   ` Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2013-04-10 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> do I understand correct, that you want to enter the pinyin
> transcription to search for the desired hànzì?

It's right, but want I want to know is: how to hook this kind of
function into org-contacts.el.

But I find a simple way: add alias properties to org-contacts.el

#+begin_example
* 你好
 :PROPERTIES:
 :ALIAS: nh
 :EMAIL: 601651745@qq.com
 :PHONE: 15133912738
#+end_example

When I search 'nh' ,I can get "你好" contact

> Not sure whether this is possible. I guess you are aware of the emacs
> input methods?!

I have found a function that can transcript hanzi to pinyin