Hello, James Harkins writes: > The other reference to multicolumn is for table export, and this isn't > a table either. So I think, as currently designed, :multicolumn simply > doesn't apply. Correct. The first attached patch implements :float multicolumn and :float figure handling for source blocks. Would you mind to test it? > I'm aware that BEGIN_figure delimits a "special block" which > translates into LaTeX as an arbitrary environment, and not all > environments can be floated safely... but perhaps one approach for the > future would be to consider BEGIN_figure to be an extra-special > "special block" where we know that the properties of LaTeX floating > bodies are valid. The second patch introduces :starred attribute for special blocks in latex back-end, e.g., #+attr_latex: :starred t :options [b] #+begin_figure something #+end_figure I think it could be useful. Do you? Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou