Helo, Rick Frankel writes: > On 2013-10-29 04:35, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: >> Achim Gratz writes: >> >> Nicolas Goaziou writes: >> At the moment, by default, external emacs process for asynchronous >> export is called with: >> >> /path/to/emacs -Q --batch -l org-export-async-init-file ... export >> stuff... >> >> where `org-export-async-init-file' defaults to `user-init-file'. It is, >> by default, not the same as calling "emacs", because of the "-Q". >> >> That's a good thing, I'd say. There is a lot of stuff going on in init >> files that you most likely don't want done when firing Emacs off in the >> background. That is especially true of some site-init files that you >> typically have no control over. >> >> As I said, it wouldn't be worse than the current situation. >> >> If you don't make this the default then no harm is done, I guess. >> >> The whole point of this change is to change the default value. If >> there's no interest in it, I won't bother making it. > > I'm all for it. The current default is, IMHO, the worst of both worlds > since, by loading my init but leaving out site-lisp i end up w/ the > wrong org loaded (the one from the default distribution, not > site-lisp) unless I make explicit reference to the development org in > site-lisp. For reference, here is the suggested patch. Is there any strong point against it? Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou