* Holidays without fixed dates
@ 2014-01-17  4:09 Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2014-01-17  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For instance, New Year's Day is always on January 1st, but something
like the start of Daylight Saving Time is always around the same time
but on the closest Sunday.

Is there a ready-made solution for working this sort of thing into the
agenda? So far I just have holidays in my agenda that have fixed dates
with ++1y repeat intervals on them. I'm just wondering if there exists a
solution or if I should make one.

Thanks,
Pete

* Re: Holidays without fixed dates
@ 2014-01-17  9:01 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-17  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pete Ley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Pete,

Pete Ley <peteley11235@gmail.com> writes:

> For instance, New Year's Day is always on January 1st, but something
> like the start of Daylight Saving Time is always around the same time
> but on the closest Sunday.
>
> Is there a ready-made solution for working this sort of thing into the
> agenda? So far I just have holidays in my agenda that have fixed dates
> with ++1y repeat intervals on them. I'm just wondering if there exists a
> solution or if I should make one.

I set my holidays in a variable, then add this variable to
`calendar-holidays', then display the diary in the agenda.

See http://bzg.fr/emacs.html and look for "holiday".

--
 Bastien