From: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Association list between major-mode-names and babel identifiers
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:54:59 +0100	[thread overview]

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> due to the relatively frequent mismatches between language names
>> extracted from major-mode names and language identifiers used by
>> Org-Babel I try to build the definite translation alist between both
>> names.
>>
>> To avoid checking myself by hand what
>>
>> ,-------------------
>> | M-: major-mode RET
>> `-------------------
>>
>> really returns in all those modes, I would like to ask those who
>> actually use these languages for help. Here is the list of languages
>> that needs to be completed:
>
> I assume that "checked" means the language was checked in the mode
> (i.e., running the major-mode command)?

Exactly. There might actually be a mistake from me in the table, because
I checked sometime ago and can't repeat the check right now:

it should be ess-mode instead of ess?

> Here are a few extra values. Regarding OCaml, a mode often used is
> "tuareg-mode", but there are other modes for it. Since tuareg is
> a requirement, I'll assume we also mean the corresponding mode has to be
> used.

thank you, so I marked calc, latex, ocaml, and sh as cross-ckecked now,
and unmarked R. Unfortunately the table arrives almost unreadable here,
so I rather post the current state of the association list (; means
cross-ckecked):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defconst outorg-language-name-assocs
  '((abc-mode . abc)
    (asymptote-mode . asymptote)
    (awk-mode . awk)
    (c-mode . C)			;
    (c++-mode . cpp)			;
    (calc-mode . calc)			;
    (clojure-mode . clojure)
    (css-mode . css)
    (d-mode . D)			;
    (ditaa-mode . ditaa)
    (dot-mode . dot)
    (emacs-lisp-mode . emacs-lisp)	;
    (eukleides-mode . eukleides)
    (fomus-mode . fomus)
    (fortran-mode . F90)
    (gnuplot-mode . gnuplot)
    (groovy-mode . groovy)
    (haskell-mode . haskell)
    (j-mode . J)
    (java-mode . java)
    (javascript-mode . js)
    (julia-mode . julia)
    (latex-mode . latex)		;
    (ledger-mode . ledger)
    (lilypond-mode . ly)
    (lisp-mode . lisp)
    (make-mode . makefile)
    (mathomatic-mode . mathomatic)
    (matlab-mode . matlab)
    (maxima-mode . max)
    (mscgen-mode . mscgen)
    (tuareg-mode . ocaml)		;
    (octave-mode . octave)
    (org-mode . org)			;
    (oz-mode . oz)
    (perl-mode . perl)
    (picolisp-mode . picolisp)		;
    (plantuml-mode . plantuml)
    (python-mode . python)
    (ess . R)
    (ruby-mode . ruby)
    (sass-mode . sass)
    (scala-mode . scala)
    (scheme-mode . scheme)
    (shen-mode . shen)
    (sh-mode . sh)			;
    (sql-mode . sql)
    (sqlite-mode . sqlite)
    (tcl-mode . tcl))
"Associations between major-mode-name and org-babel language
names.")
#+end_src

--
cheers,