Hi Alan, I installed the attached file with M-x package-install-file to avoid getting org pulled in via (M)ELPA. The large version number means that new versions of org don’t look like upgrades, preventing them from overwriting this package. Obviously, you should edit the path to your git checkout of org. You’ll additionally have to add the org/lisp and org/contrib/lisp (if desired) directories from the git checkout to load-path in your init.el (before calling package-initialize). (I think the copyright line was put there because package.el would fuss if it was missing. This code is so short I doubt it is actually copyrightable.)