For some reason I've been sorting lots of TODOs recently, and found the default behavior of org-sort-entries a little odd. It sorts according to the order found in org-todo-keywords-1, which apparently just comes from the order the keywords were scanned during setup. I don't think that's all that useful, so the attached patch sorts first by org-not-done-keywords vs org-done-keywords, then alphabetically. Headings with no keywords sort "big". I'm not very experienced at logical tricks like sorting strategies, and I'd be very curious to see if anyone had a more concise way of expressing the comp function. Eric