* html export does seem to no more recognise EXPORT_ .. PROPERTIES
@ 2014-11-27 15:35 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2014-11-27 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

with latest Org version I find the html export does no more recognise these settings at the begin of the file:

:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
:EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
:END:

Export is simply done into the folder the org file lives.

Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-591-gbd3bd8 @ c:/Users/rainer/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/org/lisp/)
GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-14 on VBOX

Anybody can confirm this is a bug?

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

* Re: html export does seem to no more recognise EXPORT_ .. PROPERTIES
@ 2014-11-28  6:22 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-11-28  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> with latest Org version I find the html export does no more recognise these settings at the begin of the file:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
> :EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
> :END:
>
> Export is simply done into the folder the org file lives.
>
> Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-591-gbd3bd8 @ c:/Users/rainer/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/org/lisp/)
> GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-14 on VBOX
>
> Anybody can confirm this is a bug?

I had never tried it before so I'm not sure how it worked
previously. Right now it works as you describe. Whether it's a bug or
not is debatable though - the doc says:

,----
`----

--
Nick

* Re: html export does seem to no more recognise EXPORT_ .. PROPERTIES
@ 2014-11-28 22:19 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-11-28 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> with latest Org version I find the html export does no more recognise these settings at the begin of the file:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
> :EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
> :END:
>
> Export is simply done into the folder the org file lives.

This is always the case. Exporting in another (possibly remote)
directory is called "publishing" and requires additional set-up.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: html export does seem to no more recognise EXPORT_ .. PROPERTIES
@ 2014-12-01 14:15   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2014-12-01 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 28.11.2014 um 23:19 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> Hello,
>
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>
>> with latest Org version I find the html export does no more recognise these settings at the begin of the file:
>>
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
>> :EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
>> :END:
>>
>> Export is simply done into the folder the org file lives.
>
> This is always the case. Exporting in another (possibly remote)
> directory is called "publishing" and requires additional set-up.
>

> Regards,

Nicolas,

this worked for I would say at least the last 1-2 years without "publishing".
The feature must have been "deactivated" somewhere in the last 3-6 weeks.
Thank you.

Regards,
Rainer Stengele

* Re: html export does seem to no more recognise EXPORT_ .. PROPERTIES
@ 2014-12-08 14:18     ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2014-12-08 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 01.12.2014 um 15:15 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Am 28.11.2014 um 23:19 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>>
>>> with latest Org version I find the html export does no more recognise these settings at the begin of the file:
>>>
>>> :PROPERTIES:
>>> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
>>> :EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
>>> :END:
>>>
>>> Export is simply done into the folder the org file lives.
>>
>> This is always the case. Exporting in another (possibly remote)
>> directory is called "publishing" and requires additional set-up.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
> Nicolas,
>
> this worked for I would say at least the last 1-2 years without "publishing".
> The feature must have been "deactivated" somewhere in the last 3-6 weeks.
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Rainer Stengele

Nicolas,

this works again as before.
The only thing that is different from the past is that any "comment" in the PROPERTIES section does seem to confuse the exporter.
I removed

:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-another-title.html
:EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
:END:

As an example I removed the second line in the :PROPERTIES: block and the standard html export does respect the file name again.

@ 2014-12-09  8:58       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-12-09  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> The only thing that is different from the past is that any "comment" in the PROPERTIES section does seem to confuse the exporter.
> I removed
>
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
> EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-another-title.html
> :EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
> :END:
>
> As an example I removed the second line in the :PROPERTIES: block and
> the standard html export does respect the file name again.

Org syntax is much less tolerant wrt property drawers now: they can only
contain node properties.

* Re: html export does seem to no more recognise EXPORT_ .. PROPERTIES
@ 2014-12-09 13:15         ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2014-12-09 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 09.12.2014 um 09:58 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>
>> The only thing that is different from the past is that any "comment" in the PROPERTIES section does seem to confuse the exporter.
>> I removed
>>
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-yyyymmdd.html
>> EXPORT_FILE_NAME: x:/0PROJEKT/Kunden/customer/customer-Dokumentation-another-title.html
>> :EXPORT_TITLE: Stoll - IT (HW/SW) - Zugänge - Konfigurationen [Stand: yyyymmdd]
>> :END:
>>
>> As an example I removed the second line in the :PROPERTIES: block and
>> the standard html export does respect the file name again.
>
> Org syntax is much less tolerant wrt property drawers now: they can only
> contain node properties.
>

> Regards,

Good to know and reasonable.
I am glad the simple (non publishing) functionality did not disappear.

I found another strange thing:

I do start my Org files with a headline. If the :PROPERTIES: block follows after a blank line the settings are not observed for the subtree.
If I delete that empty line it works (filename path is observed).
I wonder if this is intended?
If yes it could confuse users of such a properties block, thinking it works for the related subtree no matter if empty lines are there or not.

@ 2014-12-09 16:12           ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-12-09 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> I do start my Org files with a headline. If the :PROPERTIES: block follows after a blank line the settings are not observed for the subtree.
> If I delete that empty line it works (filename path is observed).
> I wonder if this is intended?

It is. Properties drawers have now a very specific location in
a section, much line planning info line.

> If yes it could confuse users of such a properties block, thinking it
> works for the related subtree no matter if empty lines are there or
> not.

Users are already accustomed to planning info lines, which work the same
way.