Michael Brand writes: > Do you mean here attached and updated as of today? I meant to attach it, but apparently forgot. I attach it here for other feedback. > Currently we disagree in that you suggest one bracket where I prefer > none for descriptive links and you suggest one bracket where I prefer > two for the other cases, see rendering examples and my reasons for raw > plain text in non-Org tools above. Indeed, we disagree. I find your suggestion not predictable enough. Sometimes square brackets appear, sometimes not... Besides, it doesn't solve the issue my suggestion was initially trying to solve. > If there would be an option to show 0 (current behavior), 1 (your > suggestion) or 2 brackets (new) everywhere I could use 2 as > a compromise. If the option 0, 1 or 2 would be individual for case > 1 and for case 3/4 that would of course be perfect at least for me. It's a matter of taste. Showing 2 square brackets doesn't bring much value, IMO. Anyway, we might need more feedback on the topic.