Hi Ihor, > What about separating the src_{nil} fontification into separate patch? I > think that part raised no objections. That sounds like a good idea to me. We may as well get that in. > As for the results prettifications, I look at this and similar ideas as > at Emacs themes. It looks nice on your screenshot with your fonts and > colours, but may not be good for other people. Similar to org-bullets > and co. The behaviour makes me think of link prettification more than what Emacs themes do. Hiding the text {{{results( with an overlay seems like something a major/minor mode should be responsible for, not a theme. > I can see how some people (I am among those people) want to reduce the > markup noise beyond hiding emphasis markers. However, some people > prefer not to hide text in buffer under “bells and whistles”. Indeed, and it’s good to have this option. This is why I also introduced a new setting, `org-inline-src-prettify-results' (similarly named to `org-pretty-entities'). > Maybe we can create some kind of “prettify-symbol themes” replacing different > markup elements in bulk with nice symbols/svg (e.g. inline results, block > headers/footers, uninteresting property drawers aka org-custom-properties, > bullets, etc)? WDYT? Also, CCing Prot as it might be of interest for him. > Best, Ihor I think it could make sense for some prettification capabilities to be built into Org well. Currently there are a few little things we have, but it seems to be handled inconsistently and I think it could be nice to provide a more unified approach. There are also things like which I feel just make a lot of sense with Org (you never have to guess if `point' is before or after a markup character). All the best, Timothy