Max Nikulin writes: > On 10/11/2021 23:16, Stewart Thomas wrote: >> >> A table in which a first column begins with square brackets is not >> compiling. The square bracket is interpreted by latex as an argument >> to the preceding line break. > > Confirmed > > To fix the bug newline (in tables and paragraphs) should be exported as > "\\\relax" or "\\{}". I do not suggest curly brackets in the beginning > of line to avoid issues with spurious spaces. Percent character > (comment) at the end of line should be considered for a fix since it is > usually used in the opposite way: to suppress newline character and > spaces at the beginning of next source line. I am attaching a tentative patch to fix this. However, I am not sure if I replaced \\ with \\\relax in the right places. Daniel, can you please check?