Jean Louis writes: > * Max Nikulin [2022-10-27 18:40]: >> On 27/10/2022 11:55, Jean Louis wrote: >> > >> > Now is clear that main problem here is that Org advertises somewhere >> > to be "text" in MIME context, while it is not, it is by default >> > "application" and thus unsafe, see: >> ... >> > Text Media Types >> > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6838#section-4.2.1 >> >> I do not see any problem or any difference what MIME type you are going to >> associate with Org mode. I agree with Arne that text/... type is more >> appropriate for a format readable as text. I do not see any contradictions >> with that RFC. > > You were the one speaking and reporting that Org executes Emacs Lisp. > > And now you imply that it is safe to open it because it is text? 👀 > > If Org or any file implies possible execution when loaded, and Org > implies it, it is not any more "text/*" MIME type. Whether or not something *can* be executed is irrelevant for text/* vs. application/*. Relevant is whether something *must* be executed for the document to be usable. > From: > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6838#section-4.2.5 > >> 4.2.5. Application Media Types > >> The "application" top-level type is to be used for discrete data that >> do not fit under any of the other type names, and particularly for >> data to be processed by some type of application program. This is >> information that must be processed by an application before it is >> viewable or usable by a user. > > That is exactly the case with Org. Of course, one could minimize org > file to empty string, and say this is Org file and there is no > execution necessary, so it is "text". > > Otherwise information must be processed by application which is > clearly the Org package before it is viewable or usable by a user. #+title: I disagree * Firstoff because this is a valid org-structure. * Second because you can use this. #+begin_src bash echo "even the embedded source here" #+end_src * Test If you could not read the two arguments _without_ first processing this section with org-mode then I am wrong. If so, please tell me /"could not read"/. That said: If you tell me /"could not read"/ I know that you *could* read this section, so you would be wrong. * Conclusion Org mode documents belong into text/* >> Expected uses for the "application" type name include but are not >> limited to file transfer, spreadsheets, presentations, scheduling >> data, and languages for "active" (computational) material. > > ✔️ YES, we have spreadsheets in Org which results may be viewable only > after computed. application/* and text/* are not distinguished by their domain, but by whether they are readable as plain text. Same for your other points. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de