"Tom Alexander" writes: > Thanks! > >> We aim to reduce config-dependent Org syntax in the long term. > > Thats wonderful news! Sometimes this stuff can really surprise you. For example, the structure of the document created by running `echo "1. foo\n 1.bar\n 1.baz\n\t1.lorem"` changes based on the user's **tab-width**!! > ... > Absolute madness! I always considered tab-width to be a personal aesthetic choice and not something that would functionally change how documents other people wrote will be parsed. I agree. See the attached tentative patches for Org mode and org-syntax. This is a breaking change, so I encourage people who might be affected reply if they have objections.