Ihor Radchenko writes: > This is the first section of the manual. Most of the new users will see > it. So, I'd like to hear any objections before installing the patch. Thanks for the comments! I am attaching the next iteration of the patch. "Thomas S. Dye" writes: > How about this, assuming lightweight is equivalent to readable and > easy to understand? > > It relies on a readable and easy to understand plain-text markup > language saved to files with the =.org= extension. Authoring Org > files is best supported by Emacs, but you can view and change them > with any text editor. As an authoring tool ... I used a shorter and modified version of your wording with more emphasis that one can *understand* Org markup. Matt writes: > +Org Mode is an authoring tool and a to-do lists manager for GNU Emacs. > +It uses a legible plain-text notation to show formatting, structure, > +relationships. Anyone able to edit text can write using Org. Anyone > +able to read text can view it. As a non-native speaker, I have some difficulties understanding "legible" meaning in this context. Also, "anyone able to read text can view it" would be a bit of a bold claim, I think. So, I went with more moderate wording. (I will limit this patch to the specific additions I had in mind. Changes to the existing text you proposed can be discussed separately, which is why I created a new branch in this thread.)