From: Xiao-Yong Jin <xj2106@columbia.edu>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: POLL: should we export text before the first headline
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:34:13 -0400	[thread overview]

Oops, sorry, Carsten.  I pressed `R' instead of `F' in _gnus_.
Now, send it to the list.

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to collect opinions on this issue:
>
> Currently, exporting only starts at the first headline,
> ignoring anything before it.  There have been request to change
> this, I'd like to know if this would break someone's habits.
>
> So do you use the space before the first headline to put notes/text
> that should not be exported?

It is definitely very handy if you can put some links,
internal or external, before the first headline, so that you
can access some places much easier.  In that case, some
people may not want to export that few lines.  However, I
would vote for adding a new custom variable to control that
behavior.  It is all about choices.  Nevertheless, don't
export the line with `-*- mode: org -*-' or any in-buffer
options.

Xiao-Yong
--