* How to backup the DONE items?
@ 2009-02-11  2:21 Feng Zhou
From: Feng Zhou @ 2009-02-11  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, all
   I am using org mode, but as time goes on, my org file becomes
larger and larger. So, I want to move all the DONE and Archived items
to another file (preferably with a copy of the headers that contain
them for reference), but I don't know how to do this.  Any help on
this? Thank you.

--Feng

* Re: How to backup the DONE items?
@ 2009-02-11  2:33 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-02-11  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feng Zhou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Feng,

look here:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Archiving.html#Archiving

It's not too much to read and easy to follow.

 Regards,

    Sebastian

Feng Zhou <fengzhouzh@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello, all
>    I am using org mode, but as time goes on, my org file becomes
> larger and larger. So, I want to move all the DONE and Archived items
> to another file (preferably with a copy of the headers that contain
> them for reference), but I don't know how to do this.  Any help on
> this? Thank you.
>
> --Feng

Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de