* Org-Info.js Issue
@ 2009-03-04  2:54 srandby
From: srandby @ 2009-03-04  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

Hi,

I just upgraded org-info.js to version 0.1.0.2. Everything works fine
except for one item.

The org file I use to generate my web page contains the line

   #+TITLE: This is the Title

which org-mode 6.23 exports to html, right below <body>, as

   <h1 class="title">This is the Title</h1>

When I view the web page using Firefox, the title is not displayed above
the table of contents.

If I delete the line

   #+INFOJS_OPT: view:info path:org-info.js tdepth:1

from the org file and export to html, then the title is displayed above
the table of contents when I view the web page. So, the issue must be
with org-info.js.

I've compared the code of version 0.1.0.2 with the code of the version I
was using, but not knowing Javascript that well I couldn't figure out
the problem. Is there some way to fix this problem?

Scott Randby

* Org-Info.js Issue
@ 2009-03-04  3:03 srandby
From: srandby @ 2009-03-04  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

Hi again,

I just noticed that the title is displayed when I hit "x" to view the
page as slides and it appears at the top of every slide. Unfortunately,
I don't want the title displayed when viewing the page as slides. I only
want it displayed above the table of contents when in plain or info modes.

Scott Randby

* Org-Info.js Issue
@ 2009-03-04  3:08 srandby
From: srandby @ 2009-03-04  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

Hi again,

Sorry for the multiple messages.

I just noticed one other thing. When I go from slide mode to plain mode,
the full table of contents will not be displayed unless I reload the page.

Scott Randby

* Re: Org-Info.js Issue
@ 2009-03-04 12:34 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-03-04 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srandby; +Cc: [Orgmode]

Hi Scott,

thanks for the report.

The handling of the title is one of the weak points of the script
(another one being the text before first headline).

The reason might be, that I was never sure what to do with it in
info-view-mode, plain-view-mode, TOC hidden, TOC.

In info-view-mode, the title is displayed on top as `Top: title', which
is not what one might expect.

Look at http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php - there the title is always
visible (fixed toc).

Should we do it that way?

As the docs say, the slides mode is very experimental...

Regards,

   Sebastian

srandby@uakron.edu writes:
> Hi again,
>
> Sorry for the multiple messages.
>
> I just noticed one other thing. When I go from slide mode to plain mode, the
> full table of contents will not be displayed unless I reload the page.
>
> Scott Randby

Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose@emma-stil.de, sebastian_rose@gmx.de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: Org-Info.js Issue
@ 2009-03-04 13:04   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-03-04 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srandby; +Cc: [Orgmode]

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:
> thanks for the report.
>
> The handling of the title is one of the weak points of the script
> (another one being the text before first headline).
>
> The reason might be, that I was never sure what to do with it in
> info-view-mode, plain-view-mode, TOC hidden, TOC.
>
> In info-view-mode, the title is displayed on top as `Top: title', which
> is not what one might expect.
>
> Look at http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php - there the title is always
> visible (fixed toc).
>

> Should we do it that way?

As I look at the code, I find that the title once was moved into the first
section for info-view-mode.

So now I'll fix it to behave that way again.

I'll be back when done.

@ 2009-03-04 13:45   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-03-04 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srandby; +Cc: [Orgmode]

Hi Scott,

this is fixed now in v.0.1.0.4

As always, the script is available on repo_or_cz:

http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git?a=blob_plain;f=code/org-info-js/org-info.js;hb=e11bc7fe538a513d899f4d006bf5f887f35dd8ce

Regards,

  Sebastian

@ 2009-03-04 14:59 Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2009-03-04 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sebastian_rose, emacs-orgmode

Sebastian Rose wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>

> this is fixed now in v.0.1.0.4

Thanks, it works. I do have some suggestions for the title.

1. Unfortunately, I cannot use the ftoc:t option. For reasons I won't
go into here, I cannot have the table of contents displayed on one
side of the page. If I use ftoc:t, then the table of contents will
always be displayed at the top which is not what I need.

What I need is for the title to be independent of the table of contents.

2. I like the idea of having the title always visible in
info-view-mode. However, others may not. Is it possible to add a title
display option to the code? That way the user could decide which
option to use. Maybe something like this:

To always display the title in info-view-mode, add the following to
the org file:

#+INFOJS_OPT: infotitledisplay:always

To never display the title in info-view-mode, add the following to the org file:

#+INFOJS_OPT: infotitledisplay:never

To only display the title above the table of contents in
info-view-mode, add the following to the org file:

#+INFOJS_OPT: infotitledisplay:top

I think the default should be either "infotitledisplay:always" or
"infotitledisplay:top" with my preference being
"infotitledisplay:always". In plain-view-mode it makes sense to me to
have the title at the top, I don't see any need to have title display
options for this mode.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of Javascript is very limited, so I'm not
able to write the code for these options at this time. But I'd be
happy to test any changes you make.

Scott

> As always, the script is available on repo_or_cz:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git?a=blob_plain;f=code/org-info-js/org-info.js;hb=e11bc7fe538a513d899f4d006bf5f887f35dd8ce
>
> Regards,
>
>   Sebastian
>
> Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:
>> Hi Scott,
>>

>> thanks for the report.
>>
>> The handling of the title is one of the weak points of the script
>> (another one being the text before first headline).
>>
>> The reason might be, that I was never sure what to do with it in
>> info-view-mode, plain-view-mode, TOC hidden, TOC.
>>
>> In info-view-mode, the title is displayed on top as `Top: title', which
>> is not what one might expect.
>>
>> Look at http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php - there the title is always
>> visible (fixed toc).
>>

>> Should we do it that way?
>>

>> As the docs say, the slides mode is very experimental...
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>>    Sebastian
>>

>> srandby@uakron.edu writes:
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> Sorry for the multiple messages.
>>>
>>> I just noticed one other thing. When I go from slide mode to plain mode, the
>>> full table of contents will not be displayed unless I reload the page.
>>>
>>> Scott Randby

* Re: Org-Info.js Issue
@ 2009-03-04 16:05 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-03-04 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Randby; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Scott,

in info-view-mode the title is by default in the first section to avoid
scrolling.

But you may pull the latest version and append '_title-above' to the

#+INFOJS_OPT: view:info_title-above
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:plain_title-above

Best Regards,

   Sebastian

@ 2009-03-04 16:40 Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2009-03-04 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sebastian_rose, emacs-orgmode

Sebastian Rose wrote:
> in info-view-mode the title is by default in the first section to avoid
> scrolling.

Alright, now I understand the issue.

> But you may pull the latest version and append '_title-above' to the
>

> #+INFOJS_OPT: view:info_title-above
> #+INFOJS_OPT: view:plain_title-above

Great.

Thanks for your work and quick responses.

Scott