* org-publish and rss/atom feeds..
@ 2009-03-12 15:29 aldrin d'souza
From: aldrin d'souza @ 2009-03-12 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hello,

i have setup a small website using org-publish. it works great but
there's one bit missing. i have to generate the rss/atom feed
manually. does anyone know of a better way to generate these feeds
using some extension to the org-publish?

thanks,
--
ajd.

* Re: org-publish and rss/atom feeds..
@ 2009-03-12 15:55 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-03-12 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aldrin d'souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"aldrin d'souza" <aldrindsouza@gmail.com> writes:

> hello,
>
> i have setup a small website using org-publish. it works great but
> there's one bit missing. i have to generate the rss/atom feed
> manually. does anyone know of a better way to generate these feeds
> using some extension to the org-publish?

I've been hoping to create a simple means of syndicating org-mode
content, but, alas, have not had time bring my elisp skills up to speed.

There are a few options for publishing blogs via org-mode, but neither
is being developed:

- http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/blorg.php
- http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/org-blog.el

The former produces an entire blog from a single org-file. The latter
uses one file per blog entry.

Muse mode for emacs has a simple "Journal" feature that produces rss
feeds.

- http://mwolson.org/static/doc/muse.html#Journal

You might want to look at the code in muse-journal.el.

So to answer your question: I'm not aware of any simple solution that
works at present, but the above packages might provide some ideas.

Best,
Matt